Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm swapping my efi 347 over to a carb setup, mainly because i'm putting the motor into an '83 and dont want to deal with much wiring on it so carb setup it is. right now i have a holley systemax so which intake would have similar to the same operating range of that, which i believe is 2000-6500. also would single plane or dual plane be best? now for carbs, I'm having someone else tune the carb for me as i've never even messed with one before, and he is used to holleys so i'd prefer to stick with them. that guy also recommend a 750 for my car do all you fellas think that would work ok?

one more thing for any of you guys that have swapped from efi to carb, what else do you need? i'm talking like do i need a enw distributor or can i make mine work, and what about the fuel system?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What heads and cam are in it? Yes, you need a dizzy.
heads are canfield 195's, cam is a custom camshaft innovations. I'm going to be going with a 3500-4k stall converter so i was thinking a victor jr would work ok but i dunno if a single or dual plane would work best.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I think a Vic Jr. and Holley 750 HP would work great with your combo!:yes

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vic Jr, or super Vic. Vic Jr at the least. A dual plane will kill that bitch.
by kill that bitch do you mean that in a good way or a bad way? lol. and yes i was thinking vic jr and a holley 750

1 - 7 of 7 Posts