Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2004 mustang gt bama tune , SR performance CAI upgraded the exhaust my question is what is the best intake manifold to go with my cars A Daily driver and I live in damn ca so smog is a problem.. But my car sees a lot of stop light to stop light time and I want more power.. Not gears

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
with those mods id just stay with the stock PI intake, dont waste your money.

nitrous?
blower?
gears?

if your looking for quick thrills between the lights, the 4.10s and a sticky street tire are the way to go for the least amount of cash.

weve all "been there done that" with the "basic" mods that did little to no improvement. i can tell you right now and im sure most guys on this forum will also; that 4.10s is the way to go. i myself felt like an idiot for buying a CAI when the whole time i couldve bought a gear a got 10x the thrill all wile saving some $$$.

hell if i could go back i wouldve went with 4.30s, and i can tell you first and foremost that my gas mileage didnt go to **** with the 4.10s, its so minute you wont even notice it at all highway or city

half the LS camaros your guna roll up on will have a gear,sub frames, and a tire and walk around you all day.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
If you want more power with no gears and no f/I buy a ls1 car. Gears will do more than full exhuast/ cai/ and intake manifold combine. Gears/cams/ suspension/and a good tire will be decent. But for the money a blower or nitrous with a set of gears is your best bet. The 2v cara just don't respond well to little bolt on mods. Even the 4v n/a stuff isn't the best. These little displacement motors need gears and or boost.

·
Registered
428 Posts
with those mods id just stay with the stock PI intake, dont waste your money.

nitrous?
blower?
gears?

if your looking for quick thrills between the lights, the 4.10s and a sticky street tire are the way to go for the least amount of cash.

weve all "been there done that" with the "basic" mods that did little to no improvement. i can tell you right now and im sure most guys on this forum will also; that 4.10s is the way to go. i myself felt like an idiot for buying a CAI when the whole time i couldve bought a gear a got 10x the thrill all wile saving some $$$.

hell if i could go back i wouldve went with 4.30s, and i can tell you first and foremost that my gas mileage didnt go to **** with the 4.10s, its so minute you wont even notice it at all highway or city

half the LS camaros your guna roll up on will have a gear,sub frames, and a tire and walk around you all day.
Bingo.

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
The stock PI intake manifold of our cars are great! Anything better is just way too much money for too little gain. I dont know why you are against gears because they really wake up a car. I suggest saving for a supercharger or some nitrous if you dont want gears.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
buy a ls1 car.
^^this

a gear, sub frames, LCAs, sticky tire, aluminum driveshaft, and a nice catback........12.80s all day without breaking a sweat over at emissions.....youll be coming around anyone who bothers you at a light........not that you should be street racing.......but admit it weve all done it.........but IMO the camaro isnt much of a looker.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
If you want more power just spray it.

Otherwise gears are the way to go. I went from 12.0's to 11.60's when I went from a 3.08 to a 4.10.

Just food for thought.

·
Registered
33 Posts
+1 on all the gear comments.

I got 410s about a month ago and the smile still hasn't gone. If you want good light to light performance, gears will really really help. Adding more bolt ons will gain you 3 hp here 3 hp there, but gears will really put the power down and cost you next to nothing compared to some of the high dollar bolt on stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
As far as "power adding bolt ons" go, don't waste money on them. Save your money for a supercharger, turbo, nitrous, or even a full n/a build. I've had my car for a year now and I've been saving up like crazy, the only thing holding me back now is I need a daily driver so I can park the stang to begin working on it.

If you have the itch to spend some cash, start building your car from the back to the front. Gears, axles, suspension, sub frame connectors, clutch, etc. Make sure your car will handle the power when tou do get it.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Personally, I'm done screwing around. Next mods will be blower/cams/tune.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If you don't want gears, get better tires sfc, and lighten her up, and better suspension

Food for thought also, I daily drive with a auto tranny and 4.10s....

Skip the bolt ons, honesty skip cams, ( I have full bolt ons and cams...)go forced induuction if you want more power

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
OP,

Looks like these guys have you pointed in the right direction. Aftermarket Differential Gears will be the best bang for your buck when it comes to acceleration mods. Plus, if you're really worried about having too much gear, just go with 3.73's. You'll still notice a huge difference in acceleration, while keeping the RPM's practical on the highway.

Trust me, gears will be one of your most favorite mods if you decide to change them out!

Shane

1 - 13 of 13 Posts