Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well in my neighborhood there is a kid that has an 02gt. His car sounds AMAZING. i asked him what he had done to it, and he claims he just has intake and exhaust. his car is lowered, and he told me b4 he has full magnaflow exhaust, minus any cats or mufflers. I know a lil bout cars, but im sure that theres no way his car runs 11.91's(which is written on his quarter window as well as the track numbers or whatever they are written on his windshield) with just an intake and exhaust, and lowering springs, is it?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
uhhhh.. im not gonna say that its not possible.. but i do believe 1: he's lying about wat he has or 2: god taught this kid how to drive

·
Registered
641 Posts
11.90s? in a basically stock GT? ha!

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
new to mustang's? :D the reason I say that is 'cause 99% of mustang owner's wouln't give you a straight answer about the mod's done to their car (or they paid someone to do it & don't know what's done) one thing I can tell you is most guy's who ride around with shoe polish car #'s & time's on their car's usually are just goof's & may well have never even been to the track. that being said, 11.91 isn't gonna require huge mod's, just a well thought out combo & good/practiced driver.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
uhhhh.. i dunno what kinda gt ur driving but there aint no stock gt thats gonna run 11's in a quarter..

ahhhhhh u have a cobra.. so u wouldnt know what a gt will run.. makes sense

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
the dude would have to atleast have more than what he says he has to run those numbers tho. right casper?

·
Registered
641 Posts
uhhhh.. i dunno what kinda gt ur driving but there aint no stock gt thats gonna run 11's in a quarter..

ahhhhhh u have a cobra.. so u wouldnt know what a gt will run.. makes sense
Used to have a '01 GT.. Im pretty sure I know how they run..

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
the dude would have to atleast have more than what he says he has to run those numbers tho. right casper?
most defenately, I didn't meen to make it sound like a stock/minor mod GT's gonna run anywhere near 11.91, it just doesn't take a HUGE amount of mod's to get there.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I know for a fact that if hes running those numbers for sure theres is way more done to the car

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Is it an auto. It has to be an auto to get that kind of time.

At least the auto's I saw at the "1/8th" mile track were getting those times. Lol:p

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Used to have a '01 GT.. Im pretty sure I know how they run..
then maybe u should drive another one and see if it feels like a 11 second car.. cause id love to see a nearly stockgt run 11's.. i mean maybe if it was 12.9 id believe it.. but a whole second lower.. thats not gonna happen.. stock or with light mods

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
then maybe u should drive another one and see if it feels like a 11 second car.. cause id love to see a nearly stockgt run 11's.. i mean maybe if it was 12.9 id believe it.. but a whole second lower.. thats not gonna happen.. stock or with light mods
Read his previous post boo, he was saying it couldnt happen in a stocker

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Uh, mine definately feels like an 11 second car. I just wish they would fix the clock at the track. Apparently its way off.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
8.81 here.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
oh ****... apology goes out to catfiesh.. i miss read ur post.. mmy bad :sorry

·
Registered
641 Posts
haha.. I was in agreence with you man! unless that thing has a good supension set up and more done than the dude says 11.90s aint happening

its cool bro.. happens

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Im supercharged and 4.10s and drag radials and could just run that time

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Was talking stock auto's show off. For some reason at the track here the auto's will only race other auto's. I end up racing fast cars. I beat a couple stock s197's though.:D
go to the track on a regular race day, not a test & tune/etc. although it'll be a wake up call the first time (yes almost all bracket cars are auto's) you'll get to race some auto's. at least you'll get to race one, most stick's have a tough time getting thru the 1st round around here. but on the bright side at least your going to the track, alot of guy's talk a good one but never go.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts