Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
You could probably memorize the firing order in a quicker amount of time than it took you too wrap tape on all that stuff, but each to their own.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Looks like it needs a nice cleaning. But should be nice with a lot of TLC.

What distributor is that?

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/IMG] what is this tube ending for??? it comes off my valve cover filling tube and a little oil comes out of it when its running. should i plug it???

Does this mean some coolant got into the oil???

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
That tube is for the pcv, it should be routed to your intake (unless carb rolls differently) and as for the sludge in the cap...who knows. Is your oil clean?

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what is the pcv? im assuming with a carb i probly dont need it. never have used it. but it wont hurt to plug it will it?.... my oil is clean now, changed it today after i got my car putt back together

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Just run a tube from the valve cover to your intake. It will help with crank case pressure.

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
what is the pcv? im assuming with a carb i probly dont need it. never have used it. but it wont hurt to plug it will it?.... my oil is clean now, changed it today after i got my car putt back together
Like Ryan said, run a hose into your air filter housing. You don't really want to plug it because then you run the risk of leaky valve covers and poppin out dipsticks and ****.

Was your oil clean when you drained it?

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
Go pick up a new oil fill cap as well, keep your eye on it.
Dirty, but good for you for getting in there and tackling the issues yourself.

Its the only way to learn!!

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was your oil clean when you drained it?
It wasnt too bad. It'd been a whiles since an oil change though. thats one reason i wanted that done soon

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dirty, but good for you for getting in there and tackling the issues yourself.

Its the only way to learn!!
Thats a big reason i bought the car! I wanted somthin fun to drive that i could beat my friends with, (which btw none of them want to race me lol) and something i could work on. I think thats half the fun, turinin wrenches. I've learned a lot helpin my dad work on his old cars, but we always do things his way. :screwy: With my car i can do what i want with it haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts