Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i have finally got off my ass got an intake cause i am tired of these ford two barrels breaking on me. so four barrel holley here i come. i was wondering what i needed to do, such as valve covers distributer **** like that. also if any one knows the torqu specks are for the intake bolts, it would be great help thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
You dont need to do anything with replacing valve covers or distributor. Why would those matter if youre just replacing a manifold and carb? Mani torq is 35 ft/pds each bolt and everything should work out great. What problems did you have with your 2 barrell? They are so straight forward, its odd that you had it break. For a stock small block, a holley 600 or 650 works well. Id go with a 600 because you wont have to screw around with that stupid ass transfer tube between bowls. Its a pain in the arss! good luck!

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
25 ft/lbs. I just put an intake gasket on mine.

Make sure you follow the torque sequence. It should be listed with the new intake you buy. what are you going to get?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually it is a weilend from my buddy. an i dont have the bolt sequence. also the four posts that hold the carb down all four broke off the carb. an this happens due to the shitty pot metal material. so any one know the sequence to the bolt pattern?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dude, bolts are not pot metal and neither in the manifold.
If they are striped or broken then they were massivly overtorqued. Are you sure that manifold is any good?
Is it single plane or dual? Big diff between the two.

The torque sequence is to start with the center bolts, one side, then the other working out in an X pattern. Torque them in steps.

Get a CDI ignition box if you've got the money. Spend your bucks on parts not valve covers.
The Distributor is another whole thread, if you even need one.

·