Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am throwing this code. I have done some research on it, and havnt really seen much about it being closed. It doesnt really run bad. So what should I do?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I tried to do some research for you. I have a single port so I know very little. from what I found, it looks like you need to clean your IMRC. It gets gummed up just like the upper intake manifold that we all have to deal with using Seafoam treatments. There appears to be linkage just like a throttle body and a controller to open and close them.
That's all I could decipher. I would think that that indicates a serious Seafoam treatment is needed no matter what.
I'll check back to see how you fix it. Good luck with it. Sorry I wasn't more help.

·
Registered
345 Posts
you could also do a IMRC delete, but that depends on how comfortable you are taking apart the intake.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I tried to do some research for you. I have a single port so I know very little. from what I found, it looks like you need to clean your IMRC. It gets gummed up just like the upper intake manifold that we all have to deal with using Seafoam treatments. There appears to be linkage just like a throttle body and a controller to open and close them.
That's all I could decipher. I would think that that indicates a serious Seafoam treatment is needed no matter what.
I'll check back to see how you fix it. Good luck with it. Sorry I wasn't more help.
i agree with this, seafoam does wonders. put half a can through your pcv line and itll probably cure it. search about seafoaming of you dont know what it is.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a bottle of seafoam. Im goin to do it in a few minutes, Would it work to put it in the vaccum hose that plugs into the Air intake hose and goes straight to the itake manifold?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I got a bottle of seafoam. Im goin to do it in a few minutes, Would it work to put it in the vaccum hose that plugs into the Air intake hose and goes straight to the itake manifold?
Since it's before the TB, I don't think there will be enough vacuum to get it sucked up easily. Just use the PCV line that runs between the upper intake and valve cover on the drivers side. Pop the end out of the valve cover while the engine is running and let the hose slowly suck up the Seafoam (don't just dunk it in or the engine will stall).

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ran the seafoam through it, now I am in the process of the 15 min wate.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it made a little smoke, but I didnt add enough seafoam. But it does seem to idle better. I am goin to repeat process tomorrow, but I will use the right ammount.

Reactions: walt1120

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
how much did you pour through? i would use at least half a can if not a whole one. probably just put the rest of the can through it the next time you do it.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
how much did you pour through? i would use at least half a can if not a whole one. probably just put the rest of the can through it the next time you do it.
+1. I use at least 1/3 of a can in the upper intake just for a basic cleaning.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it wouldnt hurt to do it again with the rest of the can tonight?

·
Registered
631 Posts
I dont see why it would!! It was originally meant to be a fuel treatment/injector cleaner. You can use the hose in front of the tb. Just remember it'll be a slower process but it does hit each runner better. The more RPM you use though will also lower the amount of vacuum which is what McQ is talking about i believe.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am about to seafoam the car again gettin ready to go to the track this comin up friday, which line with the windstar intake will get the runner valves really good?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wasn sure if that had enough vaccum. But I will shoot for that line. Thanks. +1 rep

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I wasn sure if that had enough vaccum. But I will shoot for that line. Thanks. +1 rep
i just used the other end of the vaccum hose to pour it in, it honestly took about a whole 5 secs for me to get half a can in there. it should be plenty of vaccum

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
If seafoam fixes a stuck imrc thats a new one.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If it dont, I have a spare control module that I can swap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts