Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know ours is plastic but is an aftermarket IM worth the gains?
If so which one?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Not unless you have ported heads and stage 2 or 3 cams or using nitrous and not wanting to blow up the plastic one.

From what I've found out the Edelbrock EFI Victor Jr. is the best for our engine using the 6061 plenum. There is a plate you buy and use a good plneum such as Accufab, but if you look at the plate it's kinda like a restrictor plate on a NASCAR engine.

The next would be the Trick Flow Track Heat, a somewhat modified Mach 1 intake manifold.

The most expensive and radical is the Logan, which would only be good for a twin trubo setup or supercharger. But at $1500, that's a bit expensive and you would need to cut a big ass hole in your hood.

After I installed the Typhoon on mine I only saw about 10 rwhp gains, but I have ported heads and cams. I'm not sure if it all came from the intake as I installed the Granatelli COPs at the same time. So it could have been a combo of the 2 together.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. Not sounding to worth it to me lol. I am just going to continue towards a SC

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You can always go for some ported heads and cams. The trick Flow top end kit is less than the SC kit.

Whatever you do don't buy a used SC. Save your money and buy a new one. Ask yourself why would anyone want to sell a used SC they just removed from their engine. To me it's like buying some used pistons and rods!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You would benefit from some LT headers. Those will help now and down the road with any other mods you do. Once you put on the LT you could add on a 75mm TB.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just really wanting a SC. It would be convenient for me bc my engine is under warranty. I can't brake the seals on the heads or anything.
Some people do have a good reason when selling their SC. Probably going to come down to what I find when I'm ready to buy it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts