Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up all my senior exams, graduating on sat, figured i'd get myself something nice haha.

I was originally going to get the airaid tune combo from AM (620) but their memorial sale puts the JLT tune combo at 600, which i think is currently the best deal, and i kinda like the look of carbon fiber. I kno the airaid heat shield is much better but with the dyno vids from AM it doesnt look like it makes much difference.

Also some have posted that the JLT requires you to drill out MAFs or something? anyone kno anything bout that?

If you have either of these intakes, feedback would be appreciated, thnx

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
I have the JLT Carbon FIber CAI and i didnt have to drill out anything bro. I love it. I can even hear it with the windows up or down. Def a must have.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
nice, that was the big thing i was concerned about
Anytime bro. Youll love it. I got all my mods put on @ once so i couldnt tell you what to expect from just adding that! But itll be sweet!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
JLT in general on ANY car is the bomb. Works great. Fitment is never an issue. Plus their service department is great if you have any issues.

go for JLT :D

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Actually, it depends. I think Autos have to drill and manuals don't have to on the JLT.

With the Airaid, they allow you to 'plug' the pre-drilled hole with an easy to attach piece. I chose the Airaid over JLT due to quality issues with the JLT.

Go with what you like, you can't go wrong. If the JLT is cheaper, and you don't mind the cosmetic flaws close-up, I say go for it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Actually, it depends. I think Autos have to drill and manuals don't have to on the JLT.

With the Airaid, they allow you to 'plug' the pre-drilled hole with an easy to attach piece. I chose the Airaid over JLT due to quality issues with the JLT.

Go with what you like, you can't go wrong. If the JLT is cheaper, and you don't mind the cosmetic flaws close-up, I say go for it.
i'm curious to know what issues you had?

i had C&L on my v6, but now having a JLT, i probably would have wanted that on my v6 if given the chance!

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
The issues I'm referring to are solely cosmetic. The JLTs for the 2011's when released had cracks/splints in their carbon fiber, and the carbon fiber not matching up. Basically, up close, the carbon fiber looked real cheap. From far away, it looked 'cool'.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
JLT performs the best, but yes, if your car is an automatic, I believe you have to drill a hole. If it is stick, then you will have no problems. Maybe 1 or 2 people had splitting on the carbon fiber, but im with SlowV6.... i have a c&l and it works great, but if i were to do it again, i would get the JLT.... especially at that price!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts