Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy's got a pretty fast n2o 2v hes looking to beef up the motor hes already doing heads and cams guys need your opinion what are some great intake manifolds for our cars please chime in! :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
if hes running spray.....tell him to think about converting to the bullitt intake system, its expensive yes, but they hold very well to nitrous!! or he can just get a aluminum intake for the regular 2v cars, cost about the same as converting over

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
You can run a tyhpoon intake, its cheap and flows better than stock, its aluminum so it wont crack with the spray. But if money isnt a problem Id look into the new Trick Flow, Riechard Racing or P51 intakes

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can run a tyhpoon intake, its cheap and flows better than stock, its aluminum so it wont crack with the spray. But if money isnt a problem Id look into the new Trick Flow, Riechard Racing or P51 intakes
he looked at a typhoon hes heard good and bad i think he wants to stay away from the over priced ones. (thought they do work very damn well)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
typhoon intakes aren't any better than our stock pi intakes.. but will hold better to n20.. but im with the converting to a bulitt intake

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Ive been runnin my Tyhpoon for over a year with no probs. You can take it apart and port it out further for more airflow also

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
typhoon intakes aren't any better than our stock pi intakes.. but will hold better to n20.. but im with the converting to a bulitt intake
I picked up .2 at the track after I swapped em, but Im supercharged too. They do flow better than stock, set the 2 side by side and the ports are quite a bit bigger and the runners are alot shorter. But yes they are not the best intake out there, the Bullitt is over priced for barely any gains, remember you need to buy a twin throttle body too. Id look into the Trick flow as its a simiar disign but will flow more if you wanna go the bullitt route

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive been runnin my Tyhpoon for over a year with no probs. You can take it apart and port it out further for more airflow also
cool thanks for the quick responses. Has anyone heard anything good about the bbk dual stage intake?

Im waiting on a moron to chime in with k&n lmao.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
did it ever come out?? ive seen it in magazines with the "coming soon" logo by it for like a year now

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
hmmmm.. iteresting... i wanna see the flow numbers

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anybody else?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the BBK DSI intake is a little overkill unless your running a bunch of mods like ported heads, cams and FI and such. its expesive as hell too $1k.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think the BBK DSI intake is a little overkill unless your running a bunch of mods like ported heads, cams and FI and such. its expesive as hell too $1k.
I know it cost a ton but one of if not the best manifold is the logan motorsports. New they cost near 1500 but if you watch the for sale on a few sites you might be able to find one used. I got mine for 750

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
yes but isnt the logan motorsports a boost designed intake?? one of my regulars wanted to see if i could fab one close to the logan motorsports one..

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah that may be a bit much for him, he is doing ported heads and cams, he has all the little minor mods upgraded the rear end (stock diff took a **** in the wet box) and a 150 shot.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
You could always look into the P-51 intake from fox lake also

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
p-51 would be his best bet

·
Registered
135 Posts
yes but isnt the logan motorsports a boost designed intake?? one of my regulars wanted to see if i could fab one close to the logan motorsports one..
it really depends on which one.... they are local and I have seen 1st hand what they can do on a N/A car.... but yes it is a bit overkill... but like most of us things seen to get out hand quick

1 - 20 of 28 Posts