Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to determine if my car already has a PI swap on it at all. It feels as or more powerful than the 04 GT I test drove, and It has some work done to it already. I pulled all the numbers off the intake I could find. Any help would be appreciated.

F8Ae 9424 BD
M738E

Also, can anyone identify the type of exhaust I have on this? I reached under as far as I could but cant quit make out the symbol in this picture, maybe you'll have better luck. then it started hailing so I came inside.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I think that is the mac logo I see on there. A lot of people like their exhausts. Sorry, but I have no idea about those numbers to know pi or not.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, well thats cool, cus I have a PI intake on the way anyways :D good to know I have a catback already. I know I found a receipt in the center console where it had a trany rebuild with some torque converter put in a year and a half ago.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol, ok, so I may leave the stock heads right now, and do the intake and Cams. That'll at least be a start. after that Im gonna pay off my vehicles before I do much more, so that may be it for now, but Ive started my list. Here's a list of everything ive done this week:

Mach 1 Chin Spoiler
Pioneer P7900BT Head Unit
wheelskins steering wheel cover
Black headlights
PI Intake
and ill get some PI Cams off of ebay

determined car has:
Catback,
and possibly headers but need to be replaced due to lots of rust
and a torque converter of some sorts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Hey Cadillac,
The logo I think I see is right here beside the red line I put in this picture. When you get a chance, take a closer look and double check to see if that's what that says.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
yep they are mac. And how to see only getting 5-10 from the PI heads? They raise compression on the NPI cars from the smaller cc chambers. worked over PI heads on a NPI car is a big gain.

·
Registered
941 Posts
yep they are mac. And how to see only getting 5-10 from the PI heads? They raise compression on the NPI cars from the smaller cc chambers. worked over PI heads on a NPI car is a big gain.
Stock their is not much difference from head to head, where the npi lack the pi pick up and where the P.I lack the npi pick up. The compression is the only reason you see a real gain from the heads.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Stock their is not much difference from head to head, where the npi lack the pi pick up and where the P.I lack the npi pick up. The compression is the only reason you see a real gain from the heads.

Well from what all I have heard, worked over PI heads,PI intake, header back exhaust, and tune was neting the NPI guys like 80hp.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Well from what all I have heard, worked over PI heads,PI intake, header back exhaust, and tune was neting the NPI guys like 80hp.
Maybe with aftermarket cams, I was refering to stock parts. Bolting on the stock P.I and cams will net 35+ horsepower alone, heads will make it 45 total. I degreed a set of stock P.I cams and installed a P.I intake for a guy and he made 42 more rwhp over the stock NPI cams and intake with no other changes to the engine. :D

Average horsepower gains with an aftermarket cam and ported heads should net around 80 rwhp with bolt ons.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts