Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the intake spacer from american muscle worth buying? i mean it is only 40 bucks.. but im just wondering keep in mind im goin the bolt on route an nitrous later.. so would this be worth buying??

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I bought one out of not having any more bolt ons..just gave me something to do for 30mins.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you didnt notice any difference?? lol

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I noticed a huge difference in mine, But it was not a AM brand, and twice as thick

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
garrett, where did you get it, an how much was it

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I bought it from my cousin, he had it on his mustang before wreaking it.
I just sent him a text message, if he responds I'll let you know. Its was the only bolt on Ive done so far that I felt a big improvement.

Oh and I paid him 15 dollars for it..lol

I'll try and figure out where he got it though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dang lol. ok well thanks, any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
You got it man.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
like a throttle body spacer?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
You will not see a huge difference, if any at all. I was just looking into them, and I was told by several people that they are a waste of the $65 or how ever many dollars they cost, and a waste of whatever time you put into putting them on. Intake/TB spacers probably do about as much as a Turbonator. But if you're pushing 500rwhp and running out of possible mods, go for it.

My advice, take it or leave it, is to save up for that tuner and gears. Those actually do make a difference.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah i don't here any good from them. Save your money

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright guys thanks.. i think ill save my 40 bucks lol. i would just go ahead an get gears but dont have enough for the install right now

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
much better choice...

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
alright guys thanks.. i think ill save my 40 bucks lol. i would just go ahead an get gears but dont have enough for the install right now
there is a write up on how to install them in the "how to" section sticky which will save you alot of cash

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
You will not see a huge difference, if any at all. I was just looking into them, and I was told by several people that they are a waste of the $65 or how ever many dollars they cost, and a waste of whatever time you put into putting them on. Intake/TB spacers probably do about as much as a Turbonator. But if you're pushing 500rwhp and running out of possible mods, go for it.

My advice, take it or leave it, is to save up for that tuner and gears. Those actually do make a difference.
Actually, I've heard intake spacers do pretty good for Machs..

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Not sure why I saw a huge difference but I did. Best chose Ive made so far. But then again I have not been able to find one as large as the one I bought from my cousin. not sure where he got this thing, But its awesome

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I made my own, and didnt really notice a difference, I wouldn't pay for one. id go with a plenum first. Seems the spacer helps get rid of some turbulence caused by the quick bend in the stock plenum, something usually fixed by an aftermarket plenum.

·
Registered
978 Posts
you wont need it if you get a bigger plenum and T/B. you will notice just a minimal gain with the plenum and T/B, but better off getting some gears. those you will love!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts