Modded Mustang Forums banner

Intake Spacer

548 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  itschristorres8 
#1 ·
I saw an intake spacer kit on VAP Auto for $119.00... Has anyone done this, and is it worth the money to do it?

#11 · (Edited)
The spacer works on the short runners because it lengthens them and makes the runners longer. That's what gets you the torque and HP, the drop in temps is also nice. But with the windstar intake there is a point where longer runners won't benefit anymore than are currently. Which is the case with the windstar. The runners are already the right length to make great power.

longer runners= more torque
short runners= high end HP

when you get to a point you get the best of both worlds. I.E. the windstar intake, making the runners even longer will be a drop in high end hp and not really gain much more torque.

#8 ·
i have the spacer and i can easily notice a difference with my butt dyno. the biggest difference is off the line and the exhaust note changed a little too. the only reason i went with the spacer and not the windstar intake is because the spacer took me about an hour and a half to put on and the windstar intake looks like it would be kinda a pain in the ass, but if your a patient person id say definatly go with the windstar

#9 ·
im looking at doing the windstar too, and same question do you notice a pretty big difference?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.