Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.... i did some trading and stuff and had to get rid of my typhoon intake... what intake should i put back on there that i can port and pollish to match my heads?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
as for the manifold, you can port your stock intake manifolds lol, alot of people do it, where are you located, i know the guys on this forum will find you a place if they know where you live

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Y did you get rid of the typhoon? and what kind of gains did you get from it. I'm trying to figure out if it is a good intake for the money. I want to know if it is better than a Stock intake with new plenum and TB.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i hear the thyphoon kinda sucks, 14 horse at peak RPM range i beleive

·
Registered
323 Posts
i was thinking the typhoon a lil myself just cause the price and im kinda nervis about nitrous with the stock plastic manifold

·
Registered
461 Posts
i've seen a intake callled the hardballer or spider its in one of my magazines. its a close replica of our stock intake maybe changed a little but its all metal no plastic. you should be able to find it on google also the bullit intake is also good just throwing some ideas out there. there are always the p 51 intake by fox lake and there is a new trickflow intake.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
you can open the ports up on the stocker, thats about all the porting that can be done to the stocker. i did mine when i changed to the aluminumx-over. the hardballr is made by hps and i am thinking about purchasing it if i have enough when i do build.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here is the deal... you cant completely port a stock intake... the alluminum intakes come apart on the bottom so you can port all the way through the ports... thats why i want one... i thought i saw gains but never dynoed it.. plus i was bias so.... the trick flow track heat intake is like 600 i think compared to the typhoon 300.. and i believe that an intake is an intake ESPECIALLY if its ported and pollished to the same measurements. i traded my typhoon and some other stuff for a built transmission. i was just wondering if anyone knew which intakes where out that were alluminum... i would reccomend that if anyone buys an alluminum intake they go ahead and get it ported and pollished before putting it on. thats the thing i regretted not doin.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol.... i dunno if bbk makes an intake for our cars... i really like the looks of the track heat intake but i dont see spending that much money on an intake then gettin it ported and pollished and only seen 20rwhp max out of it... i mean... that would be almost 800 in just an intake...

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Try one of the... i think its Josh Hayden books ? He brakes it down on how much your stock stuff can handle and what is pratical for mods vs the cost of getting it done..cant find mine now but its a cool book..its like 15$ at a book store

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
after i do this the only thing left stock on my car from front to back will be internals and driveshaft... so that probably wouldnt help me much. lol. i know my stock intake will work but i figure if im gonna have ported heads with cams i need to go ahead an port my intake with it.. and like i said above you can port a stock intake completely. thanks for tryin though. lol

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
porting wont benefit most guys with mild bolt ons. opening too much will result in loss of power. i didnt like the typhoon, had one on a friends gt and his car went gutless under 4200. not to mention fitment was junk on his ar too. if all supporting mods are done, then i recommend a small port job, but just be sure all get done right.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts