Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
in all honesty neither is going to be a big change the CAI is "better" since it pulls in cooler air, but its not a big deal. and a larger MAF is only necesary if you over load your stock one which you have no risk of doing without F/I

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in all honesty neither is going to be a big change the CAI is "better" since it pulls in cooler air, but its not a big deal. and a larger MAF is only necesary if you over load your stock one which you have no risk of doing without F/I
So the CAI is slightly better? Then why do people have larger MAF's? Some that i have seen them on do not really have excessive horsepower but they still have the larger sensor.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
People have larger MAF's bc they have f/i and they need a bigger one than the stock one

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
so they can say they have it, it is like a bigger TB it has its place, but if you dont do the supporting mods you dont see the gains

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
People have larger MAF's bc they have f/i and they need a bigger one than the stock one
No the some of the cars i've seen them on are NA. No turbo, supercharger, nor any nitrous or anything like that?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
oh well they wasted their money bc a bigger MAF doesnt really do anything. unless they are planning on going f/i and get it before hand.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
the fender well cai getts colder air = better
the short ram air one has a strater path so there i less turbulance = good

and 2 reasons you will see bigger MAF's on N/A cars i sone they have big power with sirious mods. the sock MAF is good to around 250-270 RWHP so if you get to that point of higher you will want a bigger one.
secound reason is because they think it will help but don't know that it wont

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the fender well cai getts colder air = better
the short ram air one has a strater path so there i less turbulance = good

and 2 reasons you will see bigger MAF's on N/A cars i sone they have big power with sirious mods. the sock MAF is good to around 250-270 RWHP so if you get to that point of higher you will want a bigger one.
secound reason is because they think it will help but don't know that it wont
So is the colder air or the straighter path more important?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
its not a big deal get which one you think looks better I have a SR on my scion cause the CAI's tend to sit low and suck up water, but CAIs on a mustang dont have that problem

·
Registered
817 Posts
go with #1!!!! just cause its purdier!!!!! LOL:D

Seriously theres not a big difference go with the one u like......

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its not a big deal get which one you think looks better I have a SR on my scion cause the CAI's tend to sit low and suck up water, but CAIs on a mustang dont have that problem
I already have the top image (CAI). But i was wondering if i made the wrong or right choice?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
So is the colder air or the straighter path more important?
The ideal situation is straightest path with the coldest air.
For the mustangs there isn’t to much bending in the fender well so IMO that is the best unless you go to the strip a lot and remove you headlight so you are getting cold air forced in to the ram air set up.

·
Registered
811 Posts
i have the short ram air but i am also running a ram air intake to mine so i have less restriction and cold air;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
some people just buy bigger MAFs because they can they dont really need it though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts