Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LX was originally a 4 banger 5 speed, and I bought it with the 5.0 conversion already done with an AOD. The car still has the clutch pedal (just hidden underneath the carpet). My question is Im going to continue to use the AOD for awhile, but I have a T5 out of an '84 SVO (4.03 first gear!!) and I have the V8 bellhousing and the V8 input shaft to get it ready for my car, I'm curious about wether or not I can just drop the AOD out at anytime and install my T5 without any modification other than a new clutch and clutch cable?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
dont forget a flywheel,fork ,dowels , flywheel bolts(different length than auto flexplate),and shifter. the trans mount and driveshaft is also the same.
Other than that you could just swap it in whenever you want.I did my own AOD to T5 swap. you can use the same pcm too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, it's a Hurst modified T5, and I already have the hurst short throw shifter that comes with the transmission.. So all id need is a flywheel & hardware and dowels. Would ya'll reccomend a Stage 3 type clutch (6 puck design) or a Stage 2 which is like normal but stronger fibers and stuff? My car is not radically built to say the least, but it has about 240 rwhp

·
Registered
906 Posts
You can get stage 2, you don't need anything fancy. You may as well ask the people here what clutch fits your wants - pedal effort, grip, etc - since you don't need an extreme clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts