Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around and can't find what I need. I was looking around for a decent intercooler for the super coupe motor for a decent price.
I don't know too much about them ;)

Reps to who choses the one I buy

·
Registered
631 Posts

This one will allow you to mount it all on the driver side.. So that the boost comes straight out, down through the core and back to the inlet at the back on the drivers side. With very little piping involved should be very responsive. I read that someone used this setup and with 200+ degree inlet temps from the hat, the iats never go over 95 with 84* water. I'd like the kit better if it had an icebox with it.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I cod just get a supercoupe one which would be the easier and cheaper way out..
I do like the setup qwik found but that alone is more than I paid the the entire motor. Lol looks like I need to sell more car parts!

6ixer I will have to check summitt but I'm guessing they don't have the right style :D

Thanks to all

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
google it and do research first
And to your post,

You ask for peoples opinions on how to spend 250 bucks... People gave you options and you shot everything down..

Me on the other hand, I asked for peoples opinions and I accept what most people have to say.. I did research and the variety for proper intercoolers is quite limited.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
What do you want to do exactly....

Front mount? Or keep it in the engine like the supercoupe?

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I think it may be better to buy a stock supercoupe one.. Can't really find one too easy.
I do want to do a front mount though

Esg you don't by chance have one do ya?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I'm not sure I might have sent it to the scrap yard ... I'll check tonight or tomorrow and if I do you can have it for shipping lol.

What are you doing again?

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well my motor has started to have problems left and right... I wasn't going to but I am going to drop this one in my new edge since I already got the motor. Its a lot of **** to do but it'll be a nice little project to gain minimum horse lol
I believe it is 8.2:1 compression if I remember correctly

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Well my motor has started to have problems left and right... I wasn't going to but I am going to drop this one in my new edge since I already got the motor. Its a lot of **** to do but it'll be a nice little project to gain minimum horse lol
I believe it is 8.2:1 compression if I remember correctly
I mean, you have a complete s/c motor ?

Reason i ask is because if you don't you will want to /wrist

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the complete motor... Injectors and all.

If you got it laying around lmk asap

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
You have all the front accessories and all?

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have all the pulleys and stuff for the power steering and all that.. I just don't have the radiator and intercooler all that good stuff.. I have the entire supercharger setup besides like the said the intercooler. I am going to go to the salvage yards around and try to find some parts if I can't find anyone on here with stuff I need.. You think I should just buy a new wiring harness or ghetto wire it.. A lot the the wiring harness is still on the motor

·
Registered
615 Posts
And to your post,

You ask for peoples opinions on how to spend 250 bucks... People gave you options and you shot everything down..

Me on the other hand, I asked for peoples opinions and I accept what most people have to say.. I did research and the variety for proper intercoolers is quite limited.
I did not shoot them down. I said I would rather spend my money now.

and that post wasn't in response to that thread, but every thread where you or someone else has said something on that level and didn't help at all.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Are you driving said supercharged engine around without an intercooler?
Or radiator...?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts