Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just got some exhaust and cai on hes vette so now i need something new aswell..

I thing im gonna install a intercooler on my vortec sc..

i have about 370 on the wheel now, but what couldt i expect after the intercooler is installed??

what bov would you guys recommend.. iv been looking on this vortec mini bypass valve.. would that be a good choice??

Rene..

·
Registered
62 Posts
the Vortech Power Cooler is a 42rwhp gain, just a lil food for thought. They claim up to 100hp gain but ive heard from numerous people that its 42rwhp...that would put you over 400 :)

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
get a intercooler and up the boost! with cooler temps the engine can handle more boost!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My friend just got some exhaust and cai on hes vette so now i need something new aswell..

I thing im gonna install a intercooler on my vortec sc..

i have about 370 on the wheel now, but what couldt i expect after the intercooler is installed??

what bov would you guys recommend.. iv been looking on this vortec mini bypass valve.. would that be a good choice??

Rene..
On stock engine with good tune should reach 400 rwhp safely.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sound good :)

i still think i can take him now but why now get some extra horses to be sure.. :)

Im gonna install it next time im in florida... and get it dynoed..

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
depends really how much your boosting
remember you also lose 1-2psi with an intercooler
and piping for it depending how bad the piping bends are you may lose more

considering your talking about a front mount air to air intercooler

if your running more then 7-8psi i say it'll probably be worth it
if your boosting 10psi like im thinking from looking at your sig then then it may be worth it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cooling air after a supercharger does not increase power- it simply allows for you to run more boost without fear of detonation. Remember, if it has already been compressed, you can't magically inject O2 molecules into it (unless you've got Nitrous hahaha)

If you cool air prior to compression (such as with H2O/Methanol spray or CO2 or N2O jets) you gain 1% per 10 degree drop.

With an intercooler installed, you can run about 3-4 more psi safely. Each psi is 12-16rwhp. You'll also need to use a higher octane fuel (to be on the safe side). I highly recommend a tune at that point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts