Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
are you talking about a real intercooler or the vortech power cooler type deal?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the power cooler you are referring to in the vortech one than no. A real intercooler. 2 g's is steep. I would like a front mount of some sort. I see procharger offers a wide variety and was thinking one of those would work. Just need to figure out the piping situation.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Well then it's not that complicated, find one that would work, design the piping, make it/have it made, go to town

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand that but from the looks of the placement of the discharge tube and in let pipe i would have alot of u bends. Is that ok? i have a upr power pipe and it's rather large and taking the route i would for the cooler. I guess I'm looking for pics and some one to say start here. the rest I can handle. I think!

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
if it's for track use only then the vortech aftercooler would be best... but if it's a street car where heat soak will occur more often then the a2a would be the way to go or like mentioned above drill a hole in the piping and install your meth kit and be done with it. Meth kit will net you better temps then any intercooler period plus depending on mixture you'll be raising your octane as well.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Talking about heat soak. How effective would a small cowl hood be at venting some under engine heat on the street? My intake temperatures are not really an issue even with the vortech, just the overall heat trapped under there.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Talking about heat soak. How effective would a small cowl hood be at venting some under engine heat on the street? My intake temperatures are not really an issue even with the vortech, just the overall heat trapped under there.
don't know but my guess is anything's better then nothing and if it's a functional cowl then it should help a bit. on my gmc syclone the turbo puts out soo much head with my 2" cowl I can see the heat waves pooring out at stop lights so if nothing else it'll allow a way for the heat to escape at stop lights :)

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
the only way to tell would be to measure the temp with and without one, i'd be interested to see

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Just search intercooler install, the front mount is generic to any blower.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is for more street use than anything. I guess I'm looking for pics b/c the outlet side of the SC is would need to take a 180 u bend then wherever I want but my UPR power pipe is in the way of EVERYTHING.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
You wont fit the intercooler piping with the power pipe, but baker has a procharger with anderson power pipe and intercooler, asked him how he fit it, im positive he cut it, I wont cut my car up, I have a intercooler and regular pipe it came with, You can use the procharger intercooler.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You wont fit the intercooler piping with the power pipe, but baker has a procharger with anderson power pipe and intercooler, asked him how he fit it, im positive he cut it, I wont cut my car up, I have a intercooler and regular pipe it came with, You can use the procharger intercooler.
Procharger's mount on the opposite side. That would be no problem. Mine is on pass. side. Barely any room to work w/.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Prochargers are on the passenger side...05+ procharger is on the right side

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Look at my avatar..thats how she is

1 - 20 of 21 Posts