Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, sorry to annoy you all tonight but ive done some research and have come up empty handed. What do you think the flow rate between a ported F-150 lower is compared to a trick flow lower? Both most likely to be paired with a homemade box upper or a straight in pipe.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I Found this on corral, im not sure how acurite it is

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Like i said, i dont know how acurite it is

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
You get what you pay for, and internet advice is free

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
A truck 302 ported lower is a holley systemax lower. They ported one and made a casting of it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ Well gosh damn nx, is there anything you don't know about these cars? lol, I'm assuming the difference between the trick flow and systemax lowers is a wash

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pertaining to homemade box upper intakes, I read somewhere that the volume of the box (or maybe the entire intake??) should be the same volume as engine displacement, any truth to that?

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
A truck 302 ported lower is a holley systemax lower. They ported one and made a casting of it.
My tranny guy had an extensively ported 302 truck lower...

Matted to a nice box upper would that perform well? Just curious, I'm not gonna get it. I never thought It was worth the time of day :lol

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
^ Well gosh damn nx, is there anything you don't know about these cars? lol, I'm assuming the difference between the trick flow and systemax lowers is a wash
Wanna know how I know that? Lol, back in 98 I went to bowling green ky for the nmra finals. I was looking for someone to port my tfs heads for my renegade engine I was building at the time. I saw a new company called TEA, and struck up a conversation. He was looking to make a name and I was building a renegade engine. He offered to port my heads if I ran his sticker and spread the word. I wanted some more info on him and he toldd me he used to do work for holley. He mentioned he helped in the developement of the systemax intake. He asked if Id noticed how similar it was to a truck lower. Then he told me how they made it. 15 years later, you read it here. Lol.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Wanna know how I know that? Lol, back in 98 I went to bowling green ky for the nmra finals. I was looking for someone to port my tfs heads for my renegade engine I was building at the time. I saw a new company called TEA, and struck up a conversation. He was looking to make a name and I was building a renegade engine. He offered to port my heads if I ran his sticker and spread the word. I wanted some more info on him and he toldd me he used to do work for holley. He mentioned he helped in the developement of the systemax intake. He asked if Id noticed how similar it was to a truck lower. Then he told me how they made it. 15 years later, you read it here. Lol.
Hahaha! Brian Tooley making a name for himself! That's pretty cool man. You got some awesome experiences lol.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Yep, I see him around every once in a while. He treated me right. Those heads are on a 393 I sold last winter. I still have the intake he did for me on the renegade engine I built. I did the heads on that motor, di up a set of vic jr's. Still waiting on my buddy that bought the car to get it running. Cant wait to hear it run.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha, thats awesome man!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts