Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, the title is all.. it wont turn off.. my doors are closed properly and its not just the switches on the dome light to turn the side dome lights on..

I replaced 3 of the 6 plug wires last night.. the other 3 are a **** and ill get to them when i have time to remove engine parts. i dont see how that would effect my dome light though, and i drove it last night after i did that and im pretty sure it wasnt on anyway.. so whatever has happend it happend this morning.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yours too huh? I got tired of it so I just took the light bulb out...but mine still wont go out. I'm sorry I can't help you but I'm more than certain its the wiring under the dash. Because about 4 months after that, the passengers side window went down but now it wont go up...so I manually put it up and disconnected it. And also the mirror on the passengers side wont work either. haha Well I hope some one can help you! I've gone to dealerships and they don't have a clue either.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Make sure your headlight switch isn't twisted into the dome light position.

My best guess would be that your headlight switch is going bad causing them to always be on as if it were in that position.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ic, well, i thought of that. and not knowing which position was actually dome light on, i put it in the middle.. its still on.. i disconnected my battery so it doesnt die.. i hope this wont adversely effect my cpu.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Just take out the bulb.

That way a circuit cannot complete and your battery will be fine. Common issue with mustangs is the dome light not turning off.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
wraitherx told me to spray the door hinges and stuff with wd 40. I think it has to do with the sensor that tells the car if the door is open or not. Easy way to sell is to close your door and press the lock button on your remote. if the horn honks twice really quickly then the car thinks a door is open. I havent had it stay on since spraying the hinges and stuff.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/electronics/154870-anoyying-light-problem.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dome light mustang stays on

After spraying the hinges with wd40 press the alarm key twice to lock the door. if it beeps twice it thinks that the door is still open. Use your key to manually lock and unlock the door a couple of times. This fixed it for me. the light is not stuck anymore.:cool:

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
After spraying the hinges with wd40 press the alarm key twice to lock the door. if it beeps twice it thinks that the door is still open. Use your key to manually lock and unlock the door a couple of times. This fixed it for me. the light is not stuck anymore.:cool:
Your first post and you reply to an 8 month old post? Really? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Your first post and you reply to an 8 month old post? Really? "

Yeah, really tough guy, and it's because of the jackassery going on. Jesus H, some of these guys got you pulling an engine block out over a simple fix.

*My best guess would be that your headlight switch is going bad causing them to always be on as if it were in that position." Really? ya' think that might have been the first thing someone would check?

WD40 THE DOOR LATCHES, that's the fix, thanks to the level headed people with common sense for posting it. I would not have even bothered posting if it were not for the idiots giving out jackass advice. If you don't know, STFU. When people search for answers they don't want to search through a sea of fools to find sanity.

Once again, thanks for the correct solution WD40, very much appreciated, I'm out, probably won't see me here again.

"Can't soar like an eagle when your hanging with turkeys"

You don't bungee jump with a parachute and no one skydives with a bungee cord, if you cannot except the risk then stay off the ice. I've got to go to work tomorrow too, but if you want to play that way, then call an ambulance on your next shift 'cause your going to need it.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
And you look like an idiot for creating an account to reply to a 9 year old thread that has nothing to do with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts