Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put some LED's in the front footwells today. Looks awesome, but the dome light need to match. That'll be tomorrow, and then under the seat will be next weekend. Pics to be posted tomorrow night when its dark again. Black seats and carpet looks BADASS with blue lights!!:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
I went with a blue and red Ford Racing theme.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
holy ****. boss that looks sexy.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I spliced into the center console 12v source. And they spliced in a toggle switch to flip them off and on at will. Got the led kit from autozone for 20$ bought some wire from walmart 3$ then a toggle switch 2$. and some wire cremps.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Do either of you guys have a write up on doing this in an S197? I tried searching for it and only came across ones for Sn95 or new edge.

I don't have a write up but it is pretty simple. I piggy backed mine off the door sill plates which are hooked into the dome lights via the harness in the passenger A-pillar. That way they come on with the door opening or through the dimmer switch. I forgot the color of the wires, I think one is black and green and I can't remember the other one. Just look in a Haynes or Chilton's wiring schematic and you ought to be able to figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
I don't have a write up but it is pretty simple. I piggy backed mine off the door sill plates which are hooked into the dome lights via the harness in the passenger A-pillar. That way they come on with the door opening or through the dimmer switch. I forgot the color of the wires, I think one is black and green and I can't remember the other one. Just look in a Haynes or Chilton's wiring schematic and you ought to be able to figure it out.
Thanks 07!

·
Registered
78 Posts
That looks crazy but do u know where to getp lights for a supersnake hood that's goes in front kinda like the mustang in the new night rider

·
Registered
932 Posts
Like.

Now I gotta go find some for me. Don't have lighted sill plates though. Gotta be a dome light wire I can tap into though.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
you will be surprised on how much all those LED cost to do your car like BOSS! pretty crazy just for some bulbs but it is a nice touch and fun to drive in at night

1 - 20 of 24 Posts