Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got LED bulbs for my gauges and ac vent. They all worked fine all my lights worked.. Now my ac lights flicker on and off and sometimes stay on, or stay off... I have 3 bulbs still working in my gauge cluster, 1 never came on when i bought it, and the one where the gas gauge is sometimes is off or is sometimes on. And now my shifter lights dont even work anymore.. So now i know its not my bulbs but something with the lighting.. Can anyone help me out?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
not to sound smart but have you actually checked the bulbs? if not if you know how to work a multimeter I can help you out if not I can still help but having a multimeter will help you test out everything for possible breaks in the wiring or anything else

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would cause the bulbs to flicker like that though, i just put the leds in this year.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
if you replace the original incandescent bulbs with LED's then there might not be a tight enough connection or quite possibly and intermittent short somewhere.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Check the fuse? /wiring behind the dash.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are these lights something u wired up urself? if so im willing to bet u used a shitty ground. check the ground.
No sir. I just replaced the stock bulbs with these leds. They are size 194 like the stock ones. ill check the fuses tonight and if that doesnt work i will need to rip apart my whole dash, and center console to see whats going on.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Before you do that... throw in all the stock bulbs and drive for a week or so. See if it still does it. If it does NOT do it, then its the bulbs. If it DOES, then you got a wire problem.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Before you do that... throw in all the stock bulbs and drive for a week or so. See if it still does it. If it does NOT do it, then its the bulbs. If it DOES, then you got a wire problem.
small problem.. i have NO IDEA where my stock bulbs ran off too. I did this a LONG time ago.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have stock bulbs in. All my fuses are fine. Now i have to check the wiring behind the dash. What do i check for?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
is the circuit board laminate sheet on the back of the cluster all in tact? all the connectors plugged in solid and grounds good?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i checked everything but the grounds.. where are they located?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts