Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that my interior lighhts wouldnt turn off. I opened and closed both doors, made sure the switch was off and still they stayed on. I went to Ford and they said it was probably a sticky door switch and to spray WD-40 in the door latches. So i pulled the fuse for now but i notice the car still "dings" when i open doors. Therefore te door switches are fine. What else would keep the lights on??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just pull the damn lights out bro. who cares. my main light pulled that **** on me, and i pulled it right out. I do have both lights on the side though. You really dont need that many lights in there any way do ya? lol

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Ok stupid question, but did you make sure the lights turned off when you turned the key forward? Interior light does stay on for a bit after you open the doors.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Just pull the damn lights out bro. who cares. my main light pulled that **** on me, and i pulled it right out. I do have both lights on the side though. You really dont need that many lights in there any way do ya? lol
yea and if you hear a strange noise from the motor like a ticking or tapping just crank up the music so it goes away .

I_eat_rice
make sure the headlight knob is NOT turned all the way .

or it might have something to do with the dimmer relay .

·
Registered
468 Posts
happened to me once..i just turned the ignition to the on position and then back off and it never happened again

·
Registered
65 Posts
yea and if you hear a strange noise from the motor like a ticking or tapping just crank up the music so it goes away .

I_eat_rice
make sure the headlight knob is NOT turned all the way .

or it might have something to do with the dimmer relay .[/qu
Absolutely!!lol Besides your saving weight......:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey man i had the same problem with mine. It would not go off and i would get out and shut the doors over and over, i finally opened the trunk and shut it and it went off, i didnt know why it cured it but just letting you know my experience.

·
Registered
468 Posts
what if u cant find ur rubbers in the consol and ur in a hurry?? then i bet u'd wished u had lights

·
Registered
303 Posts
try turning the headlight switch to the right maybe...just a idea id say you have done that already tho

1 - 11 of 11 Posts