Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys ive been thinking about this idea for awhile now for my interior. since i have a 2000 i have two radio cutouts, and when i get my new deck in the next couple of months, im going to have that other slot on the bottom, so ive been thinking of getting a peice of plexiglass, sanding it a little possible shooting a few coats of VHT nightshades on it to smoke it out, then install LEDs/neons behind it and mount switches on the plexiglass cutout. what do you guys think? also, does anyone know where i could get switches at?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Yikes I don't fully follow, but sounds like it could be cool if it works...could you elaborate a little more?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok im talking about the cd player in 94 - 00 mustangs. when i remove that after getting a new cd player which will take the place of the tape player/radio i will have the open area after taking out the factory cd player. in its place i could put a plexiglass plate and mount switches to it

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I like the idea. I've been thinking about doing something similar when I change out my stereo. I don't want to drill elsewhere on the dash for switches so the nice open area would be great (once it's covered) to put switches for whatever you need.

If you do this, definitely take pics :D

·
Back from the Dead
1,016 Posts
That would definitely be useful, I picked up a pocket to stick in there when I replaced mine, it looks stock and holds cds :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
but what would the switches be for? "this is my vtech switch, yo" lol
just wondering, I don't know what mods you have or anything.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Well I'm waiting on 2 LED strips to get here and I'm installing them in the footwells for a little accent lighting and they're gonna need a switch because the police aren't fond of things like that around here. Also I want to get fog lights installed and they're gonna need a switch as well. And I'm sure you could find more things that could use a switch.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
And then you could even have a switch to turn on/off the switch that turns on/off the other switches. I need to patent this :shiftyeyes

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I gave it a moment of thought and came to the realization that hitting multiple switches to turn on a single feature would make me feel like I'm trying to fly a plane :eek:

·
Back from the Dead
1,016 Posts
well, if you have enough cash after the switches, you could work on getting the speed closer to a plane :D

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Haha I found some switches on eBay. $2 each. But for now the single switch I'll have for the interior lights will be going where the cigarette lighter is :(

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
ok guys ive been thinking about this idea for awhile now for my interior. since i have a 2000 i have two radio cutouts, and when i get my new deck in the next couple of months, im going to have that other slot on the bottom, so ive been thinking of getting a peice of plexiglass, sanding it a little possible shooting a few coats of VHT nightshades on it to smoke it out, then install LEDs/neons behind it and mount switches on the plexiglass cutout. what do you guys think? also, does anyone know where i could get switches at?
Got something better for you. spray the front with VHT, have a vinyl shop make u a running horse outline. But it on the back, spray pant it black then remove the vinyl, so when it lights up its just the outline of the pony

Reactions: WhtStang00

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Got something better for you. spray the front with VHT, have a vinyl shop make u a running horse outline. But it on the back, spray pant it black then remove the vinyl, so when it lights up its just the outline of the pony
That would be a good idea. When you get the shop to make the horse tho, be sure to get them to print it with the horses head facing to the right. That way when you attach it to the back the horse will be facing the left... the way it should be.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
well ive been wanting to do foglights, so i need a switch for that. and i was kinda thinking about completing the whole interior neon thing so i could have a switch for that. and i dunno ill need another switch eventually lol...which is the same thing mcqueen said lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts