Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a dash, door panels, and steering wheel and column for off at 99. Reason being is I've always wanted to learn how to fabricate custom pieces for my mustang. I didn't want to use the ones I have in my GT now just in case I messed up.

I was wondering if anyone had some good sources online or books that would help me acquire some knowledge before I start masterminding in my garage. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
most upgrades are just billet peices, if your custom fabbing stuff u may want to look into the dry carbon fiber vinyl and wraps, my buddy is a installer of it and the stuff is pretty sweet. check out his site. drycarbonwrap.com

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats the thing ... I'm still thinking about what I want to do with the interior. Obviously I don't have the skill to do certain things nor the money to get professional involves but I have a vivid imagination. I'm taking some inspiration from the Stang that G.A.S. modded for the Airforce. Looking to do a white out look on the inside but accent with a few gray and/or possibly silver pieces. I'm not looking for bland though want to incorporate some texture in the design with fabric and a little pop with painting.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
at the same time this is my daily driver ... so it'd be a bitch to keep clean all the time ... my friend is selling her honda civic for 700 so I might pick that up so I can turn my mustang into a show car

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Fiberglass work is pretty easy, just need a mold to lay it on and let it dry. As for the white interior, I would think of something different. The reason most car interiors or dark is to obsorb the light. White reflects it and will be a real pain while driving.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha yea I took that into consideration which is why I'd paint the top of the dash the grey ... to absorb the light that comes in through the windshield ... well when I start making progress I'll post pictures

1 - 7 of 7 Posts