Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
So many mods, so little $
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any good ideas for interior mods? Other than floor mats? I don't want a backseat delete because this is my DD and I actually use mine lol. I'm also not a big fan on shiny stuff (i.e chrome) My interior is pretty much stock minus the head unit and LED's for my dome light.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I did a custom gauge face with blue led's behind the gauges and hvac panel, blue footwells, satin knobs because i wanted it more subtle than the shiny chrome lol, an in-dash, upgraded stereo, painted the mustang script (got that idea from baznasty), 5 speed cobra style shift knob, bullitt style pedals, and i think that's it for interior stuff. I'm REALLY contemplating buying a heated seats kit lol

·
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a custom gauge face with blue led's behind the gauges and hvac panel, blue footwells, satin knobs because i wanted it more subtle than the shiny chrome lol, an in-dash, upgraded stereo, painted the mustang script (got that idea from baznasty), 5 speed cobra style shift knob, bullitt style pedals, and i think that's it for interior stuff. I'm REALLY contemplating buying a heated seats kit lol
Any pics? And the heated seats do sound good especially since it's getting friggen cold out lol.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Painting the mustang logo and srs scripts on the steering wheel and the passenger side dash add a nice touch IMO. I also have the blue LED footwells. Mine are wired into a switch beside my cigarette lighter. I know some people wire them into their headlights or into the courtesy light circuit.

Here are the pics of my dash:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The gauge face is from Blackcatcustoms.com, and just a little something that isn't in the pic...the turn signals on that face are running horses!

·
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I should of mentioned that I have a black interior and my car is mineral grey so, if I wanted to paint anything I would want it to match the outside. I do like the "Mustang" being painted like that though.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
FR500 Steering wheel
leds in your gauge cluster and hvac(ive got a write up on it)
Billitt pedal covers
shift knob
bezel rings

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
UPR Rock Crusher shift handle. I get a ton of compliments on it, and I love the way I can shift and rest my elbow on the console.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I agree lots of chrome can be overwhelming. Some can add a nice touch. I have done the shifter, depending on if you are auto or stick. You can still get a nice one either way. Definitely get u a double din. Definitely cleaned things up. I also have the ring bezels for my cup holders and door buttons but I am taking those off. I don't like how they are and don't suggest them to anyone. As u said floor mats and I did the seat delete. I also have different gauges and additional gauges. Light knob and cig lighter thing lol. I'll upload some pics. I have contemplated painting some things but I dont want it to overwhelm it you know.

Some things aren't pictured because I have done it recently lol. Need to quit buying parts, I can never be finished lol.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
how does one paint the mustang and SRS and make it look good? i am scared to try :lol

·
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree lots of chrome can be overwhelming. Some can add a nice touch. I have done the shifter, depending on if you are auto or stick. You can still get a nice one either way. Definitely get u a double din. Definitely cleaned things up. I also have the ring bezels for my cup holders and door buttons but I am taking those off. I don't like how they are and don't suggest them to anyone. As u said floor mats and I did the seat delete. I also have different gauges and additional gauges. Light knob and cig lighter thing lol. I'll upload some pics. I have contemplated painting some things but I dont want it to overwhelm it you know.

Some things aren't pictured because I have done it recently lol. Need to quit buying parts, I can never be finished lol.
I have an auto, where did you get the handle? And was it easy to install?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Got it from mgw. They have a few to choose from. Install was somewhat difficult. You have to get handle just right so it locks properly. It was tricky.. But works good and looks great! I'd recommend it!

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
auto here too - I also have white face gauges I just installed that are not pictured. Looks so much better. I think what looks best is keeping it close to stock and not to load up the interior with too many flashy modifications such as chrome or painted panels.

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
I've got tri bar floor mats and new headrests to replace those dumb short ones lol and I'm working on getting a double din touch screen along with a short throw then I'll be happy. Really considering getting new seats too but not sure how I feel about that yet.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
i will go through my computer and upload my interior mod pics

hold on

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
1 - 20 of 85 Posts