Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone could help me out here. I love driving my 70 mustang coupe but the smell (combination of fuel and exhaust) is a little overwhelming. I just added fuel injection, so I know the fuel and exhaust smell will decrease with time but I was wondering what else I can do to quiet down my ride and kind of seal off the interior. I already have dynmat and dynaliner on the floors but not so much on the package tray, firewall or trunk. Any suggestions as to what I can do? Would lining the firewall, doors, truck, etc make a big difference?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Lining the doors is very difficult. The most benefit will come from the trunk (Or making a panel to go behind the seats and really separate the trunk), firewall, and roof. Also make sure you have plugged every last little firewall hole. That will help a bunch with heat, fumes, and noise.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the suggestions, I just dynomatted the firewall and plugging all the holes I could find (as ajzride suggested). I also started putting some dynoliner and dynomat in the trunk. Hopefully that will help! Thank you for the suggestions! I might try to do the doors, but we shall see.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
When I replaced my window regulators I added some dyno mat to the inside of the door shell. It helped a lot with the hollow echo and road noise.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I sprayed Lizard skin on the inside. Bed liner on the bottom and currently covering the interior with Dyna mat. I've smoothed the firewall, closed off the vents index the dash and installed a modern fuel cell. I hope that takes care of those problems in my car!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts