Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to paint some interior parts glossy black since I'm getting some reverse glows soon I want the whole interior to look good. My car has the factory gray/light gray color scheme.

I've decided to paint the door jams, the ac vents, the area around the head unit , the area around the shifter, and the area around the gauges. I was also thinking about painting the top of the center console/arm rest and the area around the door handle but not the door handle.

I also would really like to paint the letters in mustang on the passenger side but I don't know how I would without messing up the rest of the dash.

Any thoughts on any of this? What is everyones thoughts on the arm rest/middle console top and the area around the door handle? All honest opinions appreciated. Quick response please I'm going to do it this weekend. Thank you in advance.

Here's a pic to visualize what I'm talking about with around the door handle.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It sounds good to me. The only thing is that I would leave the armrest/center console un-painted. Just because the paint will just wear off after a while from your arm. It happened to my cousin's gt. Unless you make it a point not to use the armrest, but that defeats the purpose. Just my opinion.

As for the letters on the passenger side: It seems tricky. Just try making your own stencil by outlining the letters on a piece of paper. then cut out the letters and tape the paper (w/ letters cut out) to the dash so when you aint, you won't get it anywhere else.

But, what do I know. Just don't blame me if it doesn't work. lol

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't think about the armrest thing, good point. Yeah I'm thinking stencil and a hell of alot of painters tape but leaning towards not doing it for the time being.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump... Started already because I was bored today. So far got the area around the gauges and the area around shifter and Head unit done. Friday will be other ac vents, door jams, door handle bezels and possibly more. Suggestions please. Pics will be up when done.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
or you could just do wut i plan on doing...

go to a junkyard or search online for those interior body panels that came out of a car wit black interior, that way theres no paint used at all and no worry of wear

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will post pics in end, looking for a cheap interior mod that doesn't look cheap. It turned out really good, not too afraid of wear other than on parts that get touched often. I used alot of clear coat so it should be okay.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Just renenber that like a regular paint job, it's all about the prep.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts