Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about adding some pods to cover up useless space. Im looking at the radio replacement pods since the factory cd player isnt hooked up. Im also looking at the clock replacement pods just to add some extra stuff to the interior. My biggest question is what guages to get? Im not planning on boosting anytime soon so i dont need a boost guage. Do they have guages to show your fuel that is more percise than the fuel one in the cluster? Is the oil temp guage a big deal? My oil temp doesnt change much. I need atleast 3 for the radio one.

Radio:
1994-00 Mustang 2 1/16" Radio 3 Gauge Panel by Custom Performance at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Clock:
1994-97 Mustang 2 1/16 Dual Dash Clock Replacement Pod by ProPod at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I'd go with the radio pod, the clock pod is HUGE in reality. It looks very out of place.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
I'd go with the radio pod, the clock pod is HUGE in reality. It looks very out of place.

+1... although then you give up your radio...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an aftermarket radio and its the CD changer thats under the radio that is unplugged. I cant use it and i didnt take it out because of the huge space it would leave. I think ill get the radio guages.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Id say save $30+ and get a small sheet of abs plastic and make your own. Thats what i did with the same result. Just need a hole saw.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I don't have any pics but my cousin bought one for her 96 cobra and taped it to the dash for a week before deciding whether to install it or not. She chose an A pillar pod instead. It's about the size of a ball cap. Throw your ball cap up there and drive around like that for a while then decide.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I feel like the radio pod would be more convenient if the gauges were pointed towards the drivers side as opposed to straight forward.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think im going to get a molding kit and mold the mustang emblem off the front. Then ill melt some plastic and put it into the mold.. then i want to put an LED light in it so the plastic lights up. Ill cover the hole with a sheet of black plastic and put the plastic emblem onto the black sheet. Its hard to explain so hopefully ya'll understand?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts