Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of restoring my interior. Black and grey with corbeau seats etc. Ive managed to get up the stock heat/sound gaurd and extra sealant. which im going to sand paint and seal back.

Question is what is the best to roll out on the floor as a heat sheild/noise damper.

Had that stuff that looks like dyno mat in mind that is adhesive on one side.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
A thick paint on bed liner type product (rhino, Line-x, etc)? A lot of people use it on the inside of trucks with good results but the purpose in a truck is for mud and grunge, not sound and heat. It covers great and will cut down on your prep time though. I personally would not use anything under the carpet except regular paint to keep the corrosion in check. Does the factory mix of padding really help much with heat and sound?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think it did to much for the sound. I would think the mass backing on the carpet did that. But it was located in key areas for heat. Such as floor pans over the trans, and rear axle mainly.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Make sure you at least get the carpet with the mass backing because if not you'll be hearing every single thing going on outside.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
it really does help, i took mine out from the hatch area, got alot of exhaust drone, put it back and it cut down big time. but its really heavy and butyl mats will work better

try some of this stuff. you can get the mats or paint/roll on stuff it works well i have it on my doors, its the same as dynamat but not nearly as expensive

Elemental Designs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts