Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mint as the interior in my Mustang is, I was never the biggest fan of the saddle, or as I call it, "poopy peanut butter" color. I'd have been content if it was two tone with black, but it isnt, and that sucks.

A while back, I caught mustang3194's thread on the 96 Cobra Vert he bought to do a drivetrain swap with his V6. I got curious, and asked him what he was doing with the interior, and long story short, I had two door panels, kicks, sills, and carpet at my door. I picked up two new black door cups from the dealer I work at, two rear panels from a local salvage yard, and I already had a black center console that I swapped for months back. (Had to have some cup holders!)

I still need to install the Mach tweeters that I got from C MY 4D, and I need some black sills (the lower part) either that or find some nice subtle aftermarket ones.
I would like to someday finish off the interior with the dash, and finding some Mach1 or Termi seats for it, but since this interior swap wasnt completely planned, and done on a budget, its going to have to wait. I dont think it looks too bad for now anyway. What do you guys think?

On with the pics!

Cleaned half the carpet for a comparison, it was savable!

and a before and after comparison

·
Is the game, Ross is the name.
2,072 Posts
That looks freakin sick! Well done man.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
hell yea.. looks dam good!!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
looking really good:yes

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey I love Reeses, so its alright!
I wasnt sure how it was going to look, but it actually turned out pretty good, at least in my opinion. Makes the car a little bit unique, and no more saddle! Well... most of it :)

Tax time I'm finally getting my wheels... hopefully exhaust too. That'll further help spiff it up!

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
jimi, did you have a 460 system in there to start or are you adding it??

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
if not i got the amps, i had to change my rear speakers so i couldnt use them they still work to the best of my knowlege i plan on improving the mach system i have left in it with some aftermarket stuff

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really cant stand driving a stock anything, even the Mustang. I've had the Monte Carlo since I was 15, and I had a second Monte for a few years, but sold it last year. I cant drive anything plain-jane, its nice getting to do SOMETHING to the Mustang. It'll get some exterior stuff the beginning of the year, then I'll feel more comfortable with it.

No, I dont have the Mach stereo. The tweeters are actually more for cosmetics than anything else, I need them to fill the gap in the door panels since they came of a car that had the 460 in it. I'm not sure if I can hook them up in my car without the full Mach system. Right now I have the Alpine/iPod deck, with stock door speakers, some nice aftermarket rear speakers, and a single sub in the trunk running off a small amp, sounds good enough to me, but there is definitely room for improvment

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
ok so my question is, do you still have the old mirror mounting covers??

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have ALL the old parts. So far, I've kept everything I've changed on this car since day one. Because of the mileage and condition, I wanted to keep it all in case I someday decide to sell it and the new owner wants it all back to stock.
but who am I kidding.. I'll end up getting attached to this one ;)

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
how did they fit on the new panels? is there a huge gap? maybe i will just have to get them for the new edge

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, the door panels that came on cars with the Mach stereo have a gap where the speaker goes. So without it, I've got a gap between the mirror cover and the panel. The triangle cover still goes on, but you can see down in behind the panel, here is the best pic I could find without going out at 12a and taking a good one, lol. I cropped a larger pic:

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
yea the mach system had the rear window speakers that had little tweeters in them, but i assume everything else is the same, theres also 2 amps, the deck doesnt matter it works with aftermarket decks, but not speakers hence why i had to take the amps out.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
ok yeah i see. the 99-04 mirror covers come out farther than that and fill the gap. LMR has them but I will stop at my local ford dealer and see if i can get them cheaper

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
yea the mach system had the rear window speakers that had little tweeters in them, but i assume everything else is the same, theres also 2 amps, the deck doesnt matter it works with aftermarket decks, but not speakers hence why i had to take the amps out.
My mach system worked with aftermarket speakers ;) had pioneers all around with an alpine deck before i took it all out

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
that was on the earlier 460, new edge 460 is different

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.