Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night it rained and I left the window down a crack. It was a pretty bad storm so the interior got its share of water. I took all the mats out of the car immediately after, let everything air dry, and soaked up what I could.

My center console however, when I got to the car, looked stained from the rain. There appears to be light blotches all over in the form of rain drops. I just tried using my Meguiars cleaner on the piece but it didn't remove the stains. What do I do?

EDIT

Tried vinegar and water
Tried wiping down with dish liquid and water
Tried using quick interior detailer first, that didn't work

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really guys? It's not as bad as it was yesterday. Not sure why the blotches are white either.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,737 Posts
Hmm, I am not sure man. I would have tried what you listed. Might need to do some research and find a better interior cleaner and order that and try it.

I am currently using DP Interior Cleaner and it seems to work very well.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to both of you. It's appearance is weakening by the day. My mom thinks it was the interior detailer I had in there before. I'll try the magic eraser to get the rest off then try a new interior detailer.

+rep

·
David-Fermani.com
30 Posts
I bet the dirty rain water reacted with the protectant you used. I'd 1st clean the complete panel with a dedicated interior cleaner (Optimum Power Clean) and let it sit in the sun. It might even things out to normal.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet the dirty rain water reacted with the protectant you used. I'd 1st clean the complete panel with a dedicated interior cleaner (Optimum Power Clean) and let it sit in the sun. It might even things out to normal.
Thanks, this is what my mom said to me. Dish liquid had it's positive effect but sort of smeared it. No harm will come from leaving it sit? It will take a few days to get a good cleaner. Any recommendations?

Zak, I think you mentioned DP (Detailer Pro)? May give it a check. I actually love the meguiars interior cleaner I have but it's OTC. Looks good but obviously doesnt clean very well.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know if it's the magic eraser or the protectant but I tried one and it basically faded my center console so now it looks bad. I tried dressing and removing that and it didn't work. Not sure if this is permanent or.. crap. What do I do now? lol

·
Banned
1,942 Posts
I don't know if it's the magic eraser or the protectant but I tried one and it basically faded my center console so now it looks bad. I tried dressing and removing that and it didn't work. Not sure if this is permanent or.. crap. What do I do now? lol
uh oh should have told you not to press hard lol how about some leather conditioner? might have to paint it! now i feel bad! :(

photos?

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dont feel bad, it's my fault I didn't take my time and be careful with it. Haha, it's hardly noticeable.. though the armrest part is sort of faded but I'm living with it. If I come across and new center console on CL I'll pick it up if it's in better condition.

I have leather conditioner but would that work? I'm pretty sure I stripped some of the die from the piece itself. It may be irreversible.

·
Banned
1,942 Posts
Dont feel bad, it's my fault I didn't take my time and be careful with it. Haha, it's hardly noticeable.. though the armrest part is sort of faded but I'm living with it. If I come across and new center console on CL I'll pick it up if it's in better condition.

I have leather conditioner but would that work? I'm pretty sure I stripped some of the die from the piece itself. It may be irreversible.
Get you get a photo of it?

Sent from my HTC Rezound with Autoguide.com App

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll try and get a picture tomorrow on my day off

1 - 15 of 15 Posts