Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Best Buy Autotech
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well...cylinders 5&6 are missing... cars sitting at my buddies house...planning to tow it to my parents this weekend and do a leakdown/compression test... looks like im going to end up doing my build way before I planned... Not sure if its a head issue or block...its just missing but not knocking...wont know for sure of course until I run the tests or pull the motor... If it is say piston rings, I'll most likely go ahead and do my forged pistons and rods... if its a valve/head issue, I'll be doing cams before I throw the motor back in.....

Now where online sells decent internals... Ive checked out MMR and they seem reasonable priced. I was looking at their piston/rods combo, Just wondering about any other options for company's... Just trying to get a price list together to prepare for the worst

·
Best Buy Autotech
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, already swapped plugs and coil packs, its getting spark and fuel... used my handheld to check for codes and nothings coming up... like I said i'll know more after the compression test, I used a fiber optic camera to look inside the spark plug holes...definitely looks like pistons 5 and 6 got hot... and valves looked semi-clean/ undamaged... just trying to find some good sites to get some prices together... I'll know for more when I do the compression/leak down test. but regardless, its getting forged rods/pistons and or headwork

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Buy my engine. Less than 4k on it, IF that

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
$5k if you pull it. You can have the whole car for $8k. I've got close to $20k in it

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Buy the rotating assembly from MMR. Thats really the best prices. Plus they have sales, and you can talk them down on price.

·
Best Buy Autotech
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Buy the rotating assembly from MMR. Thats really the best prices. Plus they have sales, and you can talk them down on price.
Honestly if i end up going bottem end... I think Im going MMR, Its not a terrible price for their manely piston/rod combo.. but it comes with everything... Might as well since im in there before i boost the car

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I was on the fence about MMR too, buying a shortblock. But email a few local builders. I bet theyll steer you away from them. Dont listen to the bs people talk on forums. Best thing to do, is go with your instinct. A local builder I talked to, just how he answered my questions and talked to me, I feel more then comfortable having him assemble a motor for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought 900hp h-beam rods, forged manley dished pistons, file fit rings, and all new bearings from MMR for $900 shipped.. No other place is going to beat that.. Very nice to talk to them when I've had questions too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts