Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fortunate enough to get a interview lined up for me this Thursday for an operations/brokerage intern.

Any tips on what I can do there so that I can get the position for sure? I really need to get this position. Pay is not even an issue for me. I would honestly even work for free just to get some experience down. How can I word that to the interviewer (CEO of the company) so that he knows that I am very interested?

Any other tips would be appreciated. I just shaved my face for the first time in a year too. lol

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
I would focus on what you are hoping to gain from the position and what you bring to the table when given the chance to speak. Shouldn't really discuss money in the 1st interview anyways as a good practice, since you don't need it then I wouldn't even bring the topic up unless they do.

A question I always ask when interviewing is, What do you bring to the table that puts you above the other candidates? Make sure you have though about this before you walk in the interview.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,797 Posts
What he said^

Also, RELAX and be confident. I had an interview with Ford and I went into the interview not expecting to even get a job offer (only because I'm young and lack experience). Because of this, I was super relaxed and didn't really worry about it. Just went in with a smile, and answered their questions as best as I could and was confident about the things I did know. If I couldn't answer their question I was honest about it and didn't try to BS through it. After I left and took some technical quizzes I got a call a few weeks later with an offer for an 8 month paid internship lol.

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,178 Posts
Be confident, look the interviewer in the eyes, be polite, and do whatever you can to make yourself standout without being a jackass. You want the interviewer to remember you but not for the wrong reasons. Since the interviewer doesn't know you, body language goes a long way with first impressions. (Sitting up straight, not crossing arms in a defensive manner, chewing gum, biting nails, etc.)

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,797 Posts
One of the biggest things I said that probably helped substantially was that I'm willing to try new things even though I know nothing about them. That got their attention.

·
Enthusiast
115 Posts
I think it'll always benefit you if you're able to tie their interview questions back to the position or the vision of the company. For example, if they ask about your best quality or something like that, you could say "work ethic" and then describe how you're a hard worker, but then also add on something to the effect of: "I know this position will require long hours/hard work and I believe that my ability to push through setbacks and devote my full attention to the job..."

I know that's a really basic example, but I think you get the point.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Walk in dressed like your tinder photo, and talk to the manager like you talk to the tinder girls. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When you answer a question, try not to use "I believe", it can come off as not sure of yourself. You don't want to sound arrogant but you need to sound very sure of your abilities. Say something along the lines of "I have the skill, training or work ethic to handle these setbacks or long hours, etc".

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Raise your hands for two minutes prior to going into the interview.

It actually increases your testosterone and reduces cortisol levels.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks very much for the tips guys. I have repped you all. Please keep more coming :)

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Just go in and take off your pants. Good things happen from there

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

^I want reps for that advice :shiftyeyes

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,797 Posts

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
I honestly wouldn't have believed Nasty, I learned something today.

Arjun, come up with a super sweet and secret hand shake for the interviewer. He will not want to lose out on the hand shake in the future and will give you the job.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts