Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a mach 460 stero right now and i want to integrate a ipod to it without changing the stero out. whats a good kit to go with? also are there any bluetooth kits out there that add bluetooth and aux in?

·
Registered
805 Posts
You won't get aux in without swapping the head unit. There are various ways to go through cigarette lighters working off of radio stations. I use a cassette deck that hooks to the ipod. I think its more clear than the cigarette plug.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
i had a wireless cigarette plug one before (it just charged it when it was plugged in didnt need to be plugged to play). that one wasnt very clear, was rather flimsy, and fadded out in certain areas. so i got a new one by belkin i believe and it must be plugged in to play but you can also chose was station us want to use(for the clearest reception) i use 88.1 FM.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
your aux in will not work....you can get an fm modulator...about the same price for a new deck aftr instalation...that will give you the best reception...but as far as the the best plug in one it is belken... i sat in a best buy parking lot and tried them all (4 of em)and returned the rest...belken gave me the best reception...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
found this... don't know how helpful it is... seems a little expensive to me for the part...

here's a link to the page, IPOD setup - BMC Forums - Black Mustang Club

but this is the post that had the info...

i have a MACH 460 on my 01 Gt, and i recently instaled an Aux on it with 2 inputs, it workd great with great sound quality and you can use your CD changer (they claim that you can't but you can!)

here is the part
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ERTZEgs...i=581DFF20#Tab

And here is the setup that i copied, pretty nice looking
Studio711.com

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
i bought that wireless transmitter that plugs in to the ipod and use the radio frequency to listen to it while i drive!
:yes me too... (since my 6cd changer crapped out on me), works decently

only problems I have with fm transmitters though is that they are not the best quality... the signal get interrupted once in a while, and if you're in a city, it's hard to find a freq without other strong frequencies close to it...

that and the sound isn't as clear as it would be playing it off of a cd or direct hookup

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Clarion MAX675VDII is the headunit i have in my truck with my ipod hooked up to it and love it. very easy to use and never have to get your ipod out of the glovebox. watch vids, music vids, music, pictures. best headunit for ipod integration!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i have a radio transmitter also, it was a $90 nice one and it still fades in and out at some points. In big cities it is hard to find a station where you dont get any interference sometimes. My car has a alpine head unit with the ipod plugged directly into it. I have full ipod control over it which is great, and the sound quality is so much better

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
just look on crustchfiels they have thing that plugs into the back where u would put a cd changer... but u can then plug ur ipod into that...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i drive around chicago with my belken and it puts out a strong signal...but still not good enough sound quality for me ...i dont wanna change out the head unit...but im going to in the summer...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Alright....here is what u do...go to a stero place n ask them for a satalite interface adapter...pull out ur headunit n see how many prongs r in the back for the satalite radio connection..they will need to know this n i forget haha.....this turns ur satalite radio port into an aux port...then all u need is a monster i-pod cable to connect ur i-pod to ur interface adapter...DONE for about 80 bucks

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Only problem isI don't think the '03's came with the sat option. I don't think it was until '04. Could be wrong (won't be the first time). If you bon't have a sat button, I would suggest looking into a new deck. You will get better control, hide the iPod, charge it, and get a better sound (with the right interface).

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
hey raven, you sadi that me and you have the ame head unit, how do i go about making it ipod ready. i honestly have no clue about stereo stuff

1 - 20 of 25 Posts