Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys put your Ipods in your car? Do you use some sort of mount or just tuck away somewhere? Not trying to get an aftermarket stereo to support straight Ipod connection so I've just been using an FM transmitter.

Pics please.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
A lot of guys just go in Home Depot and get some heavy duty velcro and stick it on the dash so it's right in front of them. Then you can easily remove it for the house or another vehicle. After you're done with the car the velcro can be removed.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Some people use the little pop open hatch inside the center console to hold the iPlod. I use a Zune, so technically I don't exist, or I would post pics. :D

Of course those people who use the center console more than likely have the aux input inside the center console....

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
A lot of guys just go in Home Depot and get some heavy duty velcro and stick it on the dash so it's right in front of them. Then you can easily remove it for the house or another vehicle. After you're done with the car the velcro can be removed.
That is an awesome idea, thanks!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some people use the little pop open hatch inside the center console to hold the iPlod. I use a Zune, so technically I don't exist, or I would post pics. :D

Of course those people who use the center console more than likely have the aux input inside the center console....
post the Zune pic if you can please. Don't matter really, similar sizes and all. Not sure if I'd like having to open up the center armrest every time I wanted to change my song or album. Got an 06 so no aux input.

Your pics matter, besides...I used to have a Zune too. :D

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I've got the Pioneer AVIC-Z2 with the module mounted on the transmission tunnel underneath the center console and than the cable is run into the actual center console through that little door and than I have it velcro'd on the back.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got the Pioneer AVIC-Z2 with the module mounted on the transmission tunnel underneath the center console and than the cable is run into the actual center console through that little door and than I have it velcro'd on the back.
Yeah, maybe someday I'll get a new headunit, but for now I just wanna figure out where to put my ipod and keep it looking clean. ;)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I have the aux in in the console, so I just set the ipod on the passanger seat or in the cupholder and close the console door on the cable. But I'm lazy. Someday I'll get a mount for it and put it somewhere more sophisticated, but this car sucks for storage and placing things. If I ever get around to it I'll post a pic. I just haven't bothered yet cause I just have a 1 gig nano that I got for free. I'm about a month away from having enough points on my rewards card for a free 120 gig ipod though, so then I'll actually put an effort into it.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the pic Emay. You have an aftermarket head unit too though right? Do you control your Ipod from it or still have to use the actual Ipod?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I have the exact same set up as nasty and emay, just a Avic D3 instead... go aftermarket :D :D

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the exact same set up as nasty and emay, just a Avic D3 instead... go aftermarket :D :D
How much was the headunit? Does it control the ipod or do you still have to physically use the ipod to change songs and albums?

No more pics anyone? Ideas?

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
when i had my d3 i left my ipod in the console where you leave your owners manual and insurance.. i get the security of locking it and taking it out to update songs anytime.. it was a good spot!

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
How much was the headunit? Does it control the ipod or do you still have to physically use the ipod to change songs and albums?

No more pics anyone? Ideas?
yes you control the full ipod with the headunit.. and you can play movies with it too.. i sold mine to a great member on here for less than nothing.. :mad: now i am waiting for my custom mercedes head unit to be built!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts