Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the 2006 gt 4.6 3v. are they iron or aluminum?? from stock, and how much hp can u make on a stock engine with out blowing it up?! lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Some people will say not to go over 400 rwhp while others say they put down 500 with no issues. If your car is a dd i would say stay under 450. If its a track car i would say 500 so you can go forged and have a beast :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
As well as the other hundreds of S197 making 500+ rwhp on the stock motor.
True some people do it safely which is what I said in my original answer. Im assuming he isn't a track guy since he put 0 effort into researching the topic, which leads me to believe it is a dd. IMO i wouldn't go over 450 rwhp for a dd just because, for the vast majority of us, we couldn't afford the costs associated with a blown motor. Not every engine is built the same. +/-500 rwhp might be fine for you and the hundreds of other s197 owners but as for me I would rather play it safe. Just my .02 cents take it or leave it

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i'm a wimp, i detuned mine to 449/419 on the stock block.
saving for a short block and more boost.
not saying that my way is the right way, it's just what i am comfortable running on the stock block is all.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
well i hope i have to detune someday! haha, hopefully in the near future!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Nice hood btw nasty, been a couple weeks, havent got a chance to see pics till now. Im gona have to get some updated pics on here soon I think.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I know it wouldnt last if I was daily drivin it lol.
Unless you're saying you don't know how to drive like bouncing off the rev limiter, hitting rev limiter backing out only to hit it again, etc than I doubt it. Talk about it like you've seen me drive my car.. :lol

Thanks for the compliments on the hood.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts