Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got quoted for base line pulls, chip, tune, cold starts and drivability tune for $795.00.

It sounds like its everything..he said like 2 days. Its Blue Oval Performance, the Vancouver, WA branch.

It sounds like it might be a little high and just want to get your guys imput.

Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No...just H/C/I that never been dyno tuned. I need it bad and I WISH I had a poweradder to dial in. One day

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
as long as you have a decent maf to match you injectors, you need no tune.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as long as you have a decent maf to match you injectors, you need no tune.
ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME??

So you're saying I don't need one...I have 30#'s calib with a 76mm C&L.

My A/F is way off, I know it. Getting **** gas milage, I KNOW there is power that is hidden dude to no tune. I can see what you're saying with smaller injectors but with me...thats crazy talk

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME??

So you're saying I don't need one...I have 30#'s calib with a 76mm C&L.

My A/F is way off, I know it. Getting **** gas milage, I KNOW there is power that is hidden dude to no tune. I can see what you're saying with smaller injectors but with me...thats crazy talk
No im not kidding you. if all you need is a better maf, then get a better maf. It would be cheaper. I have ran the same injectors and maf. you usually need a tune when there is a significant change in VE, or you are running missmached injector maf combos, or need an altered timing curve or somthing.

How do you know your a/f is off?

·
Banned
837 Posts
No im not kidding you. if all you need is a better maf, then get a better maf. It would be cheaper. I have ran the same injectors and maf. you usually need a tune when there is a significant change in VE, or you are running missmached injector maf combos, or need an altered timing curve or somthing.

How do you know your a/f is off?
30lbs injectors are too big for just a HCI car , along with calibrated meters skew the MAF readings and throw off all the rest of the readings to the ECM

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
with 24lbs injectors and 93 cobra MAF , I can get him a chip for $179 that will be dead nuts first time guaranteed
What about Timing, fuel pressure, ignition, octane level, cold starts, drivability, all of that stuff is crutial in a tune, so one chip and a change in maf/inj is going to magically fix it?

I just don't see the logic in it.

·
Banned
837 Posts
What about Timing, fuel pressure, ignition, octane level, cold starts, drivability, all of that stuff is crutial in a tune, so one chip and a change in maf/inj is going to magically fix it?

I just don't see the logic in it.
base timing should be 10 , fuel pressure should be stock 39 with vacuum off , cold start and drivability will be all addressed in the chip programming I will do ....main thing is fixing the injector slopes in the programming and getting a good MAF transfer function calibration in the ECM to whats actually on the car , using a OEM replacement MAF is the only way to ensure it will be correct , the C&L and other calibrated MAFS skew the MAF readings to adjust for the different injectors , which is a hack job way to fix it , and thats why your cold start and drivability goes to crap when you use them ....

If you want me to better explain it call me 540-875-8722 and I will better explain it if you want ...

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
i'd say that's on the high side of the spectrum. I was quoted $650 from turbopeople for my turbo car without the pms and turbopeople do serious tuning for serious racers but with the pms I had three tunes done for $250

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Smoked88, are you sure you have the right sample tube in the maf for the inj? It should have purple paint on the back of the sample tube. Also Make sure you have all your sensors in perfect working order, and have a thermostat that is higher than 182 degrees. That will eliminate any possibility of problems that are caused by your car.

2002blgt seems to kno his stuff and seem confident in what he wants, but I have ran the same setup as you and not had problems. Id just cross my t's and dot my i's to be sure its not somthing you may have overlooked. of course 2002bgt would tell you to do the same before he made a chip for your car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
base timing should be 10 , fuel pressure should be stock 39 with vacuum off , cold start and drivability will be all addressed in the chip programming I will do ....main thing is fixing the injector slopes in the programming and getting a good MAF transfer function calibration in the ECM to whats actually on the car , using a OEM replacement MAF is the only way to ensure it will be correct , the C&L and other calibrated MAFS skew the MAF readings to adjust for the different injectors , which is a hack job way to fix it , and thats why your cold start and drivability goes to crap when you use them ....

If you want me to better explain it call me 540-875-8722 and I will better explain it if you want ...
I understand what you're saying its just that you cant have a 100% guarantee, I was asking what if the chip was a piece of crap and didn't work for me. Then what...would you refund me? Whats your policy?

And btw...my car wont run ANY lower timing than 14...I'm at 17 degrees advanced. Thats the sweet spot I hit.

Smoked88, are you sure you have the right sample tube in the maf for the inj? It should have purple paint on the back of the sample tube. Also Make sure you have all your sensors in perfect working order, and have a thermostat that is higher than 182 degrees. That will eliminate any possibility of problems that are caused by your car.

2002blgt seems to kno his stuff and seem confident in what he wants, but I have ran the same setup as you and not had problems. Id just cross my t's and dot my i's to be sure its not somthing you may have overlooked. of course 2002bgt would tell you to do the same before he made a chip for your car.
Yes way ahead of you, purple on the sampling tube. I'm not a nubie, I'm on AFM all the time and I know quite a bit.

I replaced most of the sensors, all working good.

right now I turned down the fuel pressure, I'm at 36psi WOT and I definately felt a difference in the power just by doing that. 17 degrees BTDC timing, 93 octane, I just know that the a/f is off.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I understand what you're saying its just that you cant have a 100% guarantee, I was asking what if the chip was a piece of crap and didn't work for me. Then what...would you refund me? Whats your policy?

And btw...my car wont run ANY lower timing than 14...I'm at 17 degrees advanced. Thats the sweet spot I hit.

Yes way ahead of you, purple on the sampling tube. I'm not a nubie, I'm on AFM all the time and I know quite a bit.

right now I turned down the fuel pressure, I'm at 36psi WOT and I definately felt a difference in the power just by doing that. 17 degrees BTDC timing, 93 octane, I just know that the a/f is off.

Your car wont idle if you run timing lower than 14 base?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No...not with the cam thats in there.it sputters like hell

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
I had that same c and l calibrated for 19lbers with 19lbers and it drove better then stock Idk why you have 30'bers in there. This was with pheads cobra intake and an fcam

·
Banned
837 Posts

Chip is not a piece of crap , the C&L meter you are running is , and yes I will give you a refund and yes I can guarantee it 100 percent , Ive done enough tunes on enough different setups to know what works and what doesnt ....only thing is you must run the 24s and the 93 cobra MAF for me to be able to make great and not just good enough ...your timing will need to be put back at 10 with the chip and fuel pressure back to 39 with vacuum off and plugged to work with the chip , or you will likely have detonation .....

·
Registered
4,424 Posts

I just saw your CAI in your sig. Try clocking the maf in different positions till you find a good spot try 1-2oclock. you wanna put the sample tube in a spot with the right amount of air. the bend in the CAI effects it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts