Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read on here not to get a 75mm that it hurts you if your not running a super charger or something..
i read on here not to put a

·
Registered
189 Posts
i'm not sure, but i don't think so. i have a 75mm on mine. i just look at it as the more air the better lol

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
When you a relatively stock, a 75mm will perform about the same as a 70mm. It's when you start upgrading your car when the 75mm will shine. If you're getting one, don't waste your time on the 70mm, go big or go home.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
When you a relatively stock, a 75mm will perform about the same as a 70mm. It's when you start upgrading your car when the 75mm will shine. If you're getting one, don't waste your time on the 70mm, go big or go home.
+1

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
saying the 75 mm will hurt you is a myth. what they mean is that in certain circumstances such as minor bolt ons, you will see a better gain with a 70 over a 75. they will both give you more power no matter what. a 75 will still give you power though even if your car is stock, and has more potential

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have an 01 bullitt and it has the twin 57mm, how deep into mods should I wait before switching to 75mm or do I even need to?

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
the 75mm won't hurt you, but with minimal mods, you won't get as much out of it as you might think...
once you start modding heavily like FI, you'll get more out of it...

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
It wont hurt, but it wont help either (until you throw some boost at it). If you are going to get one then get the 75mm.
or a nice set of heads and cams

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had the 75mm PP tb and plenum for a while. No problems. Don't know how much I gained as I also put the Predator tune, Prochamber H-pipe, and Steeda underdrive pulleys about the same time.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I've had the 75mm PP tb and plenum for a while. No problems. Don't know how much I gained as I also put the Predator tune, Prochamber H-pipe, and Steeda underdrive pulleys about the same time.
wait... do have have a Prochamber, or an H pipe?:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts