Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there both 5.0's and iv seen people say there the same but are they EXACTLY the same minus the forged pistons in the foxbodys? As in will everything from my 95 5.0 bolt onto a 90 foxbody short block?IS the cams the same timing chains all that?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Didnt know fox mustang had forged pistons. Rods forged too?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Twist it up-Thanks alot bro i appriciate it and 01brkngt nah just the pistons not the rods/crank...

·
Registered
659 Posts
man that blows, would've been sick to have all that stock :( too good to be true i guess on a 92 gt

·
Registered
249 Posts
Actually the rods are forged as well on all fox years I believe.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
^ yep forged pistons and rods and cast crank up to 92. Then it was cast crank, forged rods and hyper pistons. The block casting itself was a bit different in the 94-95 engines but the only difference I've actually seen is the part where the oil pressure sender goes. A stock fox sender won't fit on a 94-95 block. The intakes are different also. The block and heads will work just fine in a foxbody with a fox intake and a 94-95 sending unit for the oil pressure gauge.

·
Registered
67 Posts
As far as long block its all the same with the exception of the hypereutectic pistons. The timing cover and water pump are different as well as the accesories. I believe the only ignition differences are the relocation of the Spout connector and the ignition module to the passenger side apron.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts