Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car already tuned and supercharged. It didn't come with any type of hand held tuner.. I just recently found the Diablo MAFia plugged up and hanging next to my airfilter inside my passenger front fender. Is this MAFia all I need to keep my car tuned if I add other bolt ons. Or do I actually need a hand held?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
no mafia is not a tuner,it allows you to precisely control and regulate MAF sensor voltage eliminating the need for prefabricated custom MAF Sensors. You might have a chip in the ecu for the tune.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no mafia is not a tuner,it allows you to precisely control and regulate MAF sensor voltage eliminating the need for prefabricated custom MAF Sensors. You might have a chip in the ecu for the tune.
ok.. where would I look to see what kind of chip i have?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
passenger side kick panel, remove the ecu and pop the cover off. if there is a chip, it will be in there.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok.. last question.. i was told by the previous owner the chip is outdated and no tune shop can tune using it no more. So since I have the Diablo MAFia does that mean I have to get a Diablo Predator or can I still get a SCT? cause id rather get the SCT.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
mafia is supported by several tuning softwares but im not sure if SCT is one. You best bet is to find out what your nearest tuner or the one you chose to have tune your car uses and go with that weather it will be diablo or SCT

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright thanks man

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The MAFIA can used with any tuner and software. It might make your tuner have to do a few more calculations but it shouldn't be a problem. It really just changes the output of your MAF sensor and as long as your tune gets adjusted for it(or built from scratch) then it's fine.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I'm running a Diablosport MAFia and an SCT chip. As long as the tuner has the software they can tune it. I have a new Diablosport chip in a box because the original tuner didn't have Diablosport tuning software so he couldn't tune the chip that came with the system.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Yea the MAFia can be used with any tuner...

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How do youlike the novi 2000. ? I just got done installing mine
I like it alot.. Ive read online that Paxton uses the best parts and internals on their centrifugals then any other company. My S/C has been in use since 2002 and it's still running strong!!! 386 rwhp.. Im about to add a UPR offroad non catted xpipe next week, soon as I get it in the mail. Should pepp my HP up closer to 400.. hopefully will get me there. Not sure what HP my 4 cats under the car are holding back. U will love the Novi though!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have the Diablosport Predator Tuner and The MAFia Mass Air extender also.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I use a Mafia extender on the stock MAF and am tuned using SCT software

1 - 14 of 14 Posts