Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2006 Mustang GT since June 3 2006. I Bought it with only 44 miles on it. At 14,000 miles I put a Saleen SC on with no other mods. I'm currently at 420RWHP with 41,000 and no problems with the car, except going through Autolite HTO's every 10,000 miles. I'd love to try brisk's but I don't know much about them. Anyway I'm happy with the car and love driving it. Well last week in school a few of the guys in my class were trash talking Fords in general and then they found out that I have a mustang. They said that the bodies on these mustangs are complete garbage and won't last. I really baby my car for the most part, I drive it fast, not trashing it. I would like to know how everyone's mustangs are holding up. I just want to give the right information to them. They are Chevy fans and will drive nothing but a Chevy and I know that's why they are trash talking about Ford's.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
LOL! What class are you in? Highschool? College?

Either way I have to laugh my ass off at the fact that the "body is garbage" comment. Did you ask them how so or what they meant by it? We've got plenty of S197s running 8s and 9s with no real body mods beyond cages.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I love my car. I've had it since November and it brings a smile to my face every time I look at it/drive it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The body is not garbage. It has its flaws like anything that is manufactured for low price and economy of build. I have a 94 Camaro Z28 and built a 94 Camaro drag car that I recently parted out cause I am getting older and don't have the time or inclination to be working on a car all the time. I was a long time GM fan and I can tell you what those guys are doing is just brand loyalty and competition. There is no major difference between what GM or Ford or anyone else for that matter is doing as far as build quality and reliability. If you take care of it and treat it with respect it will last you a lifetime.
Besides, I know how hard it is to work on a 4th gen Camaro. My GO 08 Mustang has proven much easier to maintain thus far and I have not used the extended warranty I purchased at all yet. I used it on my 94 Camaro about 5 times in the first 6 months of ownership. Its just trash talkin, just play along.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I am happy for the most part. IMHO the fit and finish on the interior of the S197 is not that great, cheaply made. I came from driving a Lexus IS250, and the quality between them is night and day, but the mustang is MUCH more fun to drive. All in all I am about a 6 on the 1-10 happiness scale.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going college. These guys are early 20's. I know they are just trash talking. I have fun with the car and that's what matters. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
LOL! What class are you in? Highschool? College?

Either way I have to laugh my ass off at the fact that the "body is garbage" comment. Did you ask them how so or what they meant by it? We've got plenty of S197s running 8s and 9s with no real body mods beyond cages.
hahahaha nasty man do the math. he has had the car since 2006. if he's in highschool then dammit he's been a senior for the last few years.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
i love my car

to each there own i guess

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The car is good. I'm about a 4 out of 10 on my stang but it's not against Ford, or mustang.Runs well, Ilike the style and the interior is simple, just how I like it. But, I just got too jumpy and made a bad deal.

traded a $6,000 v8 4x4 custom pickup for a cheap v6 mustang with a ton of miles. Andit's auto. *sigh* Lack of research. But it's a nice A to B car with some style. Community is good too.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
The car is good. I'm about a 4 out of 10 on my stang but it's not against Ford, or mustang.Runs well, Ilike the style and the interior is simple, just how I like it. But, I just got too jumpy and made a bad deal.

traded a $6,000 v8 4x4 custom pickup for a cheap v6 mustang with a ton of miles. Andit's auto. *sigh* Lack of research. But it's a nice A to B car with some style. Community is good too.
does sound like a bad trade. pics of the truck.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Moved over to ford in 2002 with a lightning and then again in 2008 with a bullitt, will never go back to gm. Both ford products are the best Ive owned.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
does sound like a bad trade. pics of the truck.
Only pic I have of it off Myspace, which I can't get on right now. Lol. I was pulling my buddy out of the mud hense the ghetto straps tied together coming off the back. That mud was slick as oil.

EDIT: This was my FIRST ever truck\vehicle. I miss it like crazy and the bastard is selling it again. For WAY under KBB. Someone buy it for me cause you love me :)
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/2281134526.html

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Was a great truck, really ghetto. lol. My whole wiring harness was a joke. Miles of autzone wires to replace burnt old wires. My radio was tied into the power from my door locks, all my interior lights were wired straight to the battery with an inline fuse. . . You get the idea, lol.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I have had my 2006 Mustang GT since June 3 2006. I Bought it with only 44 miles on it. At 14,000 miles I put a Saleen SC on with no other mods. I'm currently at 420RWHP with 41,000 and no problems with the car, except going through Autolite HTO's every 10,000 miles. I'd love to try brisk's but I don't know much about them. Anyway I'm happy with the car and love driving it. Well last week in school a few of the guys in my class were trash talking Fords in general and then they found out that I have a mustang. They said that the bodies on these mustangs are complete garbage and won't last. I really baby my car for the most part, I drive it fast, not trashing it. I would like to know how everyone's mustangs are holding up. I just want to give the right information to them. They are Chevy fans and will drive nothing but a Chevy and I know that's why they are trash talking about Ford's.
Haters gonna hate | Best Funny Gifs and Animated Gifs Updated Daily - Gif Bin

haha, seriously though, Just ask them how to take a look at the past couple years Ford vs GM...sales, quality, bankruptcy...:D

check out this article...worst cars on the road...find the part about Ford...:D

The Worst Cars On The Road - Yahoo! Autos

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Plenty happy with mine, every time I do a full on detail my enthusiasm is renewed. Tell your classmates to stop squashing vehicles they have never owned. I was a long time Ford hater and the 197 converted me. The long time GM vs Ford rivalry and haterisms are horse crap. The R&D put into vehicles these days is pretty over the top. Are there still issues here and there? Sure there is. The bugs get worked out pretty quick though. I still drive GM trucks, mainly because they are good to me. I don't bash Ford and Dodge trucks because of it, but since GM gives me no reason to jump ship, I'll stay loyal (without hating on the other manufacturers). I agree with Rev's statements above as well.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Plenty happy with mine, every time I do a full on detail my enthusiasm is renewed. Tell your classmates to stop squashing vehicles they have never owned. I was a long time Ford hater and the 197 converted me. The long time GM vs Ford rivalry and haterisms are horse crap. The R&D put into vehicles these days is pretty over the top. Are there still issues here and there? Sure there is. The bugs get worked out pretty quick though. I still drive GM trucks, mainly because they are good to me. I don't bash Ford and Dodge trucks because of it, but since GM gives me no reason to jump ship, I'll stay loyal (without hating on the other manufacturers). I agree with Rev's statements above as well.
I've pretty much adopted a "I drive mine, you drive yours" attitude...I love my car, no doubt about it...I really could care less about others...I do have a bit of Ford loyalty though, don't think I would ever prefer something else over big blue...:D

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
I've pretty much adopted a "I drive mine, you drive yours" attitude...I love my car, no doubt about it...I really could care less about others...I do have a bit of Ford loyalty though, don't think I would ever prefer something else over big blue...:D
Exact same, minus the Ford loyalty haha. Was a hater before, and coming from an Audi, im pleasantly surprised.

Interior isn't as great, but driving is much more fun!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts