Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible for me to run 11's with the GT with all boltons and 100-125 shot of nitrous?

Boltons would include:
4.10's
Detroit locker differential
moser 31 spline axles
JLT CAI
Accufab 70mm TB and Plenum
UDP's
SCT Tune
Long tube headers
O/R x-pipe
catback
100-125 shot of nitrous
Lower control arms
slicks
some weight reduction

I just want to know if its possible. I know the biggest part is the driver mod and im going to have to pull off some badass 60's, but i dont think it would be impossible. A guy from another forum i belong to ran a 12.7 at 106 NA in his 04 gt with all of the same mods except he doesnt have nitrous. I've seen a couple guys on here with similar mods and nitrous running 12.0's. Is it possible to run a 11.99-11.90? I mean if my friend can run a 12.7 NA i cant see why you couldnt run an 11 with some nitrous. Let me know guys. Also would it be better to have 3.73's when spraying so you can utilize first gear a little more?

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
yep especially with the nitrous

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Damn the altitude...Im trying for 12's up here

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
your mods are about the same as mine. i will be going back to the track here in a couple weeks. i am hoping for a nice 11 sec. pass myself.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get some full length subframes, a short throw shifter, and some an alum driveshaft and you'll see very high 11's.
I already have a short throw. I have the MGW and love it :D
your mods are about the same as mine. i will be going back to the track here in a couple weeks. i am hoping for a nice 11 sec. pass myself.
Good luck man, let us all know what you run

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Full length subframes help 1/4 times??? Shoot, if that's the case, why haven't I bought any yet?!?!?!

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Good luck man, let us all know what you run
i will post results and video. it will be me and doc8224, and a couple other guys.

Full length subframes help 1/4 times??? Shoot, if that's the case, why haven't I bought any yet?!?!?!
not to mention the cornering feels a lot better!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didnt think subframes would really help you in the 1/4. I always thought they were more of a handling piece for autox and such.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
it does help in time but not enough to notice... every little thing helps... instead of the car losing energy torquing the car it stays solid and transfers the energy forward...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts