Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car right now has its dual flowmaster exaust right in the middle, I have no idea why, car was bought like this.

My car is probably one of the loudest if not the loudest cars in my town, and im not saying that like an asshole but I dont know why this car is so loud (loud in a good way). I mean there are Are GT's 2011 5.0s in my town with magnaflow but for some reason this set up is extremely loud..

Anyways I am considering pulling the exaust out to my bumper,

I heard that the sound would get reduced which is what I want.

My friend has quoted me $80 for putting the pipes back and $50 for bumper cut outs

Does anyone think this is worth it?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks

Pics:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
It won't be as loud in the car itself, that's for sure.

That's a really good price, I say go for it.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
they're just dumped...nothing new...i've had a few of those setups on my old v6

as for the bumper cutting...i still haven't seen it done right. some come closs, but it still needs to be perfected...pricing on tubing is fair if it's even slightly used

btw the reason it sounds so loud to you is because the tips are aimed toward the ground...there's a big difference in in cab sound depending on how they're aimed..as for being louder then a GT...doubtful, and that's comeing from a guy that had both a dumped v6 and a GT

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
6er you bitch. i just said that.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
i edited and took it out.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they're just dumped...nothing new...i've had a few of those setups on my old v6

as for the bumper cutting...i still haven't seen it done right. some come closs, but it still needs to be perfected...pricing on tubing is fair if it's even slightly used

btw the reason it sounds so loud to you is because the tips are aimed toward the ground...there's a big difference in in cab sound depending on how they're aimed..as for being louder then a GT...doubtful, and that's comeing from a guy that had both a dumped v6 and a GT
Ok thanks, and a friend of mine has a 2008 GT magnaflows, and my car is much louder can hear it from like a block away im not saying that mine sounds nicer than his but its definatley louder, even he dint understand why. Neither did I

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Ok thanks, and a friend of mine has a 2008 GT magnaflows, and my car is much louder can hear it from like a block away im not saying that mine sounds nicer than his but its definatley louder, even he dint understand why. Neither did I
either he needs a better exhaust or your car is so loud it sounds like ass...i haven't decided yet.

but anyway...just put on the tubing and you'll be a happy camper

1 - 14 of 14 Posts