Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Looking to get out of my 2001 Mustang GT and into a newer car. I really want the coyote motor, but I cannot decide whether I want a 2015 Mustang GT or a 11-14 GT with then wiggle room to mod.

I am looking at $35,000 total to spend here - I really don't want to go above this number as this is really how much I saved for this purchase. I can get a little out of my 2001, but not much.

So what do you guys think? I am posting here to hoping hear from guys who went from the older 5.0's to the 2015 and can give good feedback.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
:2cents

15's look better but I've seen a few post about waiting till 16 but not sure why :dunno

·
Registered
718 Posts

15's look better but I've seen a few post about waiting till 16 but not sure why :dunno
Probably because the first year of a car is usually the worst. Look at the 99 cobra, worst out of the group, the 2010 mustangs have a 4.6 and in 2011 they changed to the 5.0 but same body style. Thats the only reason I'd wait.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Well, since the '16s are being built now, no reason to get a '15 unless you get a great deal on it.

Would the refinements to the engine be worth it? Yes. But if you cannot get past the look of the S550, then go pick up a well taken care of 11-14.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Probably because the first year of a car is usually the worst. Look at the 99 cobra, worst out of the group, the 2010 mustangs have a 4.6 and in 2011 they changed to the 5.0 but same body style. Thats the only reason I'd wait.
I wasn't trying to assume, I already had very little input lol

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sold my low 11 second N/A 2011 for my 2015 and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Really? How come?

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the 11-14. I only drive the car maybe 1000 miles a year. It's going to be more of a weekend toy - something to do on the weekends while I drink a beer. I live in the garage and the current Mustang is my life. I just want a newer platform to work on now.

I will say if the newer model is worth it, I'd save more for it. I'm not in a rush - if the newer model is worth the extra coin I'd spring for it.

I do love the look of the 15+. It just looks cleaner and more elegant - but I think the 11-14 looks more sporty and aggressive. It's going to come down to the test drive for me.

I have driven a Boss 302 in the past and thought it was an amazing car.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey guys,
Looking to get out of my 2001 Mustang GT and into a newer car. I really want the coyote motor, but I cannot decide whether I want a 2015 Mustang GT or a 11-14 GT with then wiggle room to mod.

I am looking at $35,000 total to spend here - I really don't want to go above this number as this is really how much I saved for this purchase. I can get a little out of my 2001, but not much.

So what do you guys think? I am posting here to hoping hear from guys who went from the older 5.0's to the 2015 and can give good feedback.
I'd want as low a car payment as possible, and none if I could help it. Ford dealer lots are well stocked with older, low mileage Mustangs that are in great shape and selling for good prices. If you have $35K in cash, you could buy one of those slightly older Mustangs and still have money to play with. That's the route I'd go.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd want as low a car payment as possible, and none if I could help it. Ford dealer lots are well stocked with older, low mileage Mustangs that are in great shape and selling for good prices. If you have $35K in cash, you could buy one of those slightly older Mustangs and still have money to play with. That's the route I'd go.
I'm the same way. My car is paid off. I'd be trading it in after I strip her of parts and pay the newer car in cash. Payments are such a waste of money.

I'm pretty sold on a 2012 or up gt. Now to find the right price!

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
For 35K you could easily get a base gt with the performance package. I had an 07 s197 and have ridden in several 11-14's. I'll take the 15 any day of the week. The fit and finish is so much nicer on the interior. The handling of the car is much more reassuring in the corners. A ton of people have come from the 11-14 mustangs and now have the 15. Majority of them say they would never go back to the s197 platform.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
I read a quote a while back from someone who had just bought one which I thought was interesting.

He said the jump from 2014 to 2015 was a bigger step up than 1999 to 2014 in terms of overall car.

I want to drive one of these but I don't trust myself not to buy one.

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
I sat in a buddy of mines 2015. Compared to the new edge EVERYTHING about my car sucks lol. Ford really kicked some ass designing the 2015. Everything from the seats (base GT ones felt AMAZING) down to the clutch, steering wheel, gauges, visibility.... it really is a work of art, and thats just the interior. I am a massive fan of the exterior as well. If i could afford one my 04 would be gone in a second.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang you guys really have me convinced on the 2015 now. With labor day coming up, they love to blow out deals so I may go test drive some this weekend.

I was on the fence on keeping my car (2001 Mustang GT Convertible) but it's just got to the point where I really don't want to spend the money and time on something that will give me the power a newer model will come with base wise. Also, the car is now 15 years old.

I only drive the car on the weekends so I really just want something I can tinker with on the weekends and go out to meets and shows with. I think the 2015 with tint, lowered, and full exhaust will hold me over til I save for bigger mods.

Oh, the years of saving spent on a vehicle. Oh well, you live once and my car has been by far the best hobby I've gotten into over the years.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I have a blown, built '05 that's a great car. It has 22k miles on it and I just a month ago picked up a '15 that I ordered. Never even test drove one...just ordered it. I have to say, the '15 is a completely different animal in so many ways. Super quiet ride, great stock powerband, handles like a dream and the interior is really way more than I expected. I think the new ones need very little to make them look better unlike the previous years which need some aftermarket add-ons IMO.

I would say drive one and if you do, you will see. I just love to drive it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It is tempting to buy a new one...but...I saw a beautiful '14 with 17K miles on it, with a saddle interior. I've never seen one with that color combo, of Ruby Red with saddle. Anyway, I don't NEED another car, let alone a Mustang. But I've never owned a new car, or a one-year-old car. I like the '14 body style, and I like the '15 as well...BUT...I'm trying to open a shop of my own, and it's hard to toss $40K into a new car when I can get one for half the price and still be able to buy all my shop equipment without a loan.

Dammit...I knew I never should've clicked on this thread...

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
The wife seen one and said "is this the new mustang" I said yup and I want one too lol

I just bought us both 2015 vehicles and still have to try not to go buy one. Going to wait a year or so and see what happens.

·
Registered
91 Posts
16's will have a couple options the 15's didn't have. Also, first year quirks will be worked out. Some of the differences will be a shift light from factory and a blinker led strip on the hood.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
16's will have a couple options the 15's didn't have. Also, first year quirks will be worked out. Some of the differences will be a shift light from factory and a blinker led strip on the hood.
I am so torn now on what the heck to do!!!!!!!! I do agree on first year model cars. You never know what's going on with them.

I've found some amazing deals on '13 mustangs. I like the '13 and '14 over the '11 and '12 coyotes due to the improvements they made to them. I might end up going older and seeing what the S550 does then upgrade later.

So many decisions. I've found a few good priced '13 GT's with less then 20k miles. Most of them are on the East coast of Florida where older people live.

I told myself I always just wanted a coyote motor. I'm not too keen on comfort as I drive it to go fast - not for comfort. I have a DD for that. On the weekends when I take my car out, my inner teenager comes out for some reason. Oh well.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I told myself I always just wanted a coyote motor. I'm not too keen on comfort as I drive it to go fast - not for comfort. I have a DD for that. On the weekends when I take my car out, my inner teenager comes out for some reason. Oh well.
Screw weekends...I want a road tripper. A lot of what I've been looking at has insanely low mileage, and Carfax reports full of repairs for leaking rear end seals or failed bearings. These cars weren't made to sit. If I get one, new or used, I'm driving the **** out of it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts