Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Every 100lbs is worth about a tenth in the 1/4. Unless you are racing at the track, probably won't feel much of a difference.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
IMO, you will notice a difference, even if it is just a mental thing haha

i can tell a difference in how fast my car is when it has a full tank of gas as opposed to a quarter tank, but then again, my car is slow as ****, and i would notice if my car gained half a horse power, AKA 1 pony power

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
IMO, you will notice a difference, even if it is just a mental thing haha

i can tell a difference in how fast my car is when it has a full tank of gas as opposed to a quarter tank, but then again, my car is slow as ****, and i would notice if my car gained half a horse power, AKA 1 pony power
That is a good point, if you're a lower hp car you might feel it (don't know how much hp you are pushing). Not too sure how much the back seats weigh though, but its probably not 100lbs.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
the rear bottom weighs less than 10lbs, and the rest of the seats are aluminium. You are not gona save that much weight.

·
Registered
48 Posts
try it and find out. it doesn't take long and if you like them out you can get a rear seat delete and then you can cram the back full of sub boxes and try to pound the **** outa your neighbours house with the big bass :p

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I think the rear seats with all of the seat belts, brackets and insulation weigh in at around 50lbs. I hate gutted interiors. I removed the back seat in my 88 when I put my cage in, but I quickly put in a rear seat delete kit to make it look nice. No real weight savings doing it that way since the rear seat delete kit weighs as much as the rear seat.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
i took out the back seats top and bottom but i left the fold down carpeted panels and it looks fine

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
i took out the back seats top and bottom but i left the fold down carpeted panels and it looks fine

Lets see some pics...

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I was looking for some pics of my rear seat delete, but I couldn't find any...car is in the shop now...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree seats are not going to give you a better time on the strip unless you get rid of alot of other stuff off the car. Loose the steal hood and fenders and buy fiberglass and the back seat would do. get rid of the AC and smog pump. Your really not suppose to get rid of the smog pump unless the state you live in could care less if your in a state that does emissions check on your car every year or two then you may have problems. Also it all depends on waht you want to do with your mustang. Do you want to make it into a balls to the wall bracket car, a street strip car or a show car.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
street strip is the goal, and the lines are all d/c from the ac and this state doesnt give a rats ass about smog, so what do i need to do to get that air pump out, and can i pull the whole ac and just get a smaller serpentine belt?

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
the bottom is soooo light...i took my seats out for like a day, it looked retarded so i put them back in...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Lets see some pics...
the back of my car is full of parts that are going back on when the engine get back (they told me it will be finished at the end of next week) but after that ill get some pics.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
rep points?!? LOL....

By chance...do you know a person by the name of Mike Scornavacco up there? It's a far shot...but you're around the same age.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts