Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i found a used 2.6 Kenne Bell intercooled Supercharger for sale, it comes with $900 custom tune and programmer that murillo racing did, guages, boosta pump and whatever else came with the package. The kit only has 5k miles since install. There asking $4,000.00 Was just curious what everyone thought of this kit and if its a good deal?? Thanks for the help :D

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Sounds good. As long as it's in good shape. Yea it only has 5k on it but, that could be 5k miles of 1/4 mile time... HAHaha.. j/k. I'd check it out first, make sure there is no shaft play. Ask what the tunes are for? Make sure they're compatible with your car. If the car it came off of had the boost a pump and stock fuel pump, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Just ask them a few questions man. Does it come with injectors? Sounds legit....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kit does come with the injectors, its the full kit. He wants to trade the car in to get something that his wife can drive. Hes a fellow military member and is trustworthy the car hasn't seen a track and has been babied. The plan is to go to the shop and have them swap everything over and tune it right there. He knows a good shop that hooks up military members as well so im looking at $500 for install.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
That sounds good. As long as your REALLY trust this person, and you're not gonna get bent, do it. Also, make sure you can afford it, and not get broke. Someone else will come and give their advice in a bit as well... I say, if it really is in great condition do it. What year car did it come off of? what year is yours?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy is deff trustworthy!! Ive been saving for awhile so i have a the cash just wanted to make sure it was a good deal and see if anyone out there has ran this supercharger/kit or could give me some more info on it. Its a 2007 Gt and mines a 2008 Gt.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Im pretty sure the custom tune is useless to you. Might even be worse than a mail order tune. The tune is setup for his car and any extra mods he may have and designed around any lil differences his car may have from another. I wouldnt use a custom tune from a different car.

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Same car, but your car could be a little different. I'd still run the tune it comes with, make sure he gets the hand held unlocked first. But, I would also get a new custom tune as soon as possible. Or at least have a shop make sure the A/F and timing are reasonable.

HeavyGT Runs the 2.6KB and a few other members have as well. I'm sure one of them will chime in eventually. I personally like the KB blowers, but I don't have one on my car.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Same. I think Kenne is the best. I'm sure you can use the tune it comes with to just just the car for a bit, to get it warmed up and check for leaks. But highly recommend getting a custom tune.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same car, but your car could be a little different. I'd still run the tune it comes with, make sure he gets the hand held unlocked first. But, I would also get a new custom tune as soon as possible. Or at least have a shop make sure the A/F and timing are reasonable.

HeavyGT Runs the 2.6KB and a few other members have as well. I'm sure one of them will chime in eventually. I personally like the KB blowers, but I don't have one on my car.
I plan on having it custom tune when its installed regardless just to CYA. That and so i can get the max potential out of my car and be on the safe side.

Really i wonder how he likes the KB. Do you know what kind of numbers it can put down?? The guy said when he put it on the dyno after the custom tune he was sitting right at 500 RWhp.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i just bought and installed a vortech kit on ebay for 3000 brand new and i had it dyno yesterday and its making 500 at the wheels :) so might not hurt to look there as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts