Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 notch thats been conveted to carb and has a few things done. cage, intake, nos, hood, wheels, fuel cell. motor has potential but the body has rust. will need body work and paint. im looking for more of a cruising car. found a 88 gt convertible that is in very very good shape. everything works. locks, windows, door chime. interior is awesome grey leather no rips or tears. its an auto (which wife likes) new top and bone stock not rust anywhere. i know im taking a loss but what are both cars worth?? thanks for the help.

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
take the cobra... screw the convertible... its not worth it your notch will do donuts around it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I guess it depends on what you really want out of your next car, you stated that the auto was good for your girl and the vert sounds like it is very nice. If the vert is completely rust free I would go with it personally, just because I do not like the looks of sn95 cars. It all comes down to what you like as far as looks, any car can be made fast but u can’t fix ugly.:2cents

·
Registered
341 Posts
Cobra hands down. I have never been a fan of Fox verts. I'd say go for the Cobra which has better potential to be a fast car if you choose to go that route in the future. If not and you decided to go with something else the Cobra will be easier to sell.

·
Registered
63 Posts
tough decision but nothin like cruisin around in a vert and you can tag it historical(atleast in my state). on the other hand i think the sn95 cobras are d*mn good lookin cars. would personally take the cobra

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
either way (vert or sn95 cobra) you'll be driving around in a 14-15 second turd. I'd say keep your notch and do your body work and it'll bring in more money then both the vert or cobra later on if done properly.

convertibles are the least valuable on the market and involve allot of up keep cost (electric top components and top) and are the heaviest model of the fox thus slowest and weakest structurally.

sn95 cobras are heavier and cost more for insurance then any other 14-15 second car out there lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
go with the Cobra, ive got a 95 cobra and it has given me no probs, It has over 100K on it. It is stock and will still glue you to your seat in 1st thru 3rd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts