Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:mad: FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL IS MISHIMOTO AMERICAN OR JAP? I need a new radiator and they look sweet but I am not putting Jap crap in my Mustang!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here but assuming by name it would be Japanese. Especially since they do make a **** ton of Japanese car products. But hey not everybody will assume like I did.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Uhmmm....Read the name, then think about it. But idk it sounds Japanese

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Its Japanese most likely, but who knows. If I was Canadian, I'd be embarrassed to share the same nationality as you b/c you're a moron. Not saying this based off your question either, saying it based off your post.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Mishimoto is a US based "manufacturer" of cooling system components, I place manufacturer in quotes because their products are likely produced in Asia, as are most things these days.

Their HQ is in Wilmington, DE however their warehouse in LA--guess why?

Their products are well designed and implemented, though a bit overrated/hyped IMHO...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Its Japanese. If I was Canadian, I'd be embarrassed to share the same nationality as you b/c you're a moron. Not saying this based off your question either, saying it based off your post.
Hahahhaha. Very nicely said glad I dint have to be the rude one.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
im with 2vsouth... kinda random.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Its Japanese most likely, but who knows. If I was Canadian, I'd be embarrassed to share the same nationality as you b/c you're a moron. Not saying this based off your question either, saying it based off your post.
Lol agreed

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
agreed! un called for there is already enough of that crap going on. Doesnt help to add to it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what radiator are you runnin?

What Radiator are you runnin?
Mishimoto is a US based "manufacturer" of cooling system components, I place manufacturer in quotes because their products are likely produced in Asia, as are most things these days.

Their products are well designed and implemented, though a bit overrated/hyped IMHO...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Delaware exactly thats why I ask. I was trying to find someone that actually knows not just some smack talkin fool. Ive seen different sights speaking of various locations in the states to do with them. Even somebody that was talking about Mishimoto being like Michigan Motor products, i am confused but want a really good rad and want to know what I want before I drop $500 bucks.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I might just go to Ford and go Ford Racing idnow!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
your upgrades

i see you upped your injectors, is that safe on a stock engine?:cool:
Stock, it ain't broke and doesn't need fixing...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Maybe it's just because I'm old (63 in April), however we were all "newbies" at one point in time and should cut new "newbies" a break. I agree that the rant type tone of the original post was a bit much, bt once again I have been frustrated once or twice in my life too...

As to the injectors, it's a bit of a long story...

In 1999 Ford suffered a big PR fiasco over the HP rating of the Cobra--I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head but suffice to say what they claimed and what was delivered were way out of synch. Because of that they revisited just about every model and made sure things were squeaky clean--part of this for the GT was the change to 21lb/h injectors (lavender, instead of the orange 19lb/h units previously used). Reportedly there were change to the camshafts as well, though I have never been able to verify this.

If the PI 4.6L 2V delivered 260fwHP as claimed the 19lb/h injectors would have been flat out at 95% or better duty cycle, the 21s would be running at a more comfortable 85%.

On my car, after tweaking and optimising the tune, I found that the 21s were pushing 90% duty cycle and wanted a bit more headroom; the 24lb/h FRPP injectors are reasonably priced anyway, but I got a like new set from fellow enthusiast on another forum for $100 shipped so in they went.

Changes to the tune were altering the breakpoint to 9.239ulb/rev per the FRPP specs, and the low and high injector slopes 31.46 and 25.58lb/h respectively. These are higher than what would be expected with 24lb/h injectors but are nonetheless what I had to do to get the fuel trims dialed in.

The injectors are actually rated at 26lb/h by Bosch, at 43.5 psi, but down-rated to 24lb/h because of Ford's 39.15psi operating pressure.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Because Delaware is the best state to be incorporated in. Their corporation laws are lax, they have more relaxed laws regarding interest rates that can be charged, there's no income tax on corporations in state and innumerable other benefits. 60% of the fortune 500 are incorporated there.

Oh wait, you mean why do they have warehouses in LA? Easy, all their radiators are Jap crap that gets imported from shitty asia where the workers are uncouth and drunk on rice wine. ****ing communists. :p

Reactions: nxcoupe
1 - 20 of 55 Posts