21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
^ -- Yup...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
OP, if you install the Mishomoto or any other brand of 2 row aluminum radiator you will find that the radiator will be hitting the battery tray and the overflow tube on the radiator will be up against the battery. Also the ABS unit will have to be moved back on the frame about 1 inch.

Here's a look at oe installed in a show car.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
American or jap theyre still a pile of ****. Burned through 4 of them in the matter of 2-2.5 years. First 3 lasted about 2k-3k miles each, with this last one they sent their cheap little upper mounts with and it survived for 3.5k. They all started to develop a leak right at the edges of the tank. Which side it happens on is pretty hit/miss/random but 3 of the 4 have been on the right/pass side.

Not a big deal, warranty covers them no problem at all but by the time you add it up its not worth it...$15 shipping each warranty claim + coolant + trans fluid + having to take the time to go buy the stuff + time to swap when I really dont want to work on the car. Not to mention having to email them, print out the paper, fill out info, fax it back, email them pics of the leak,etc. Big waste of time for a radiator that pretty much does nothing....Just put an oem design aftermarket in yesterday bc im tired of ****ing with mishmoto. ECT temp on datalogs taken with similar ambient temp using the mishimoto and an oem design aftermarket are within a couple of degrees of each other.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
I also live in LA lol. I have also never had a problem with factory ford radiators.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
^ If you have an oem in the car there is no reason worth changing it.

Not everyone is made of money. The oem takes a dump youre looking at roughly 375. Dont remeber exact number but its mid to high 300. The jap **** is $200 or so, oem design aftermarket is $70.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Just to clarify from my end of things. Be it mishimoto is jap or american, or dune coon for all that matter. I dont approve. So nothing against the whole "jap vs american" thing.

·
MM Official Sammich Maker
6,732 Posts
Its Japanese most likely, but who knows. If I was Canadian, I'd be embarrassed to share the same nationality as you b/c you're a moron. Not saying this based off your question either, saying it based off your post.
he's only an hour away from me:(

·
Registered
889 Posts
Uhmmm....Read the name, then think about it. But idk it sounds Japanese
well im sure most people think NOKIA is from Japan too because of the name, but it is from Finland

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
^ If you have an oem in the car there is no reason worth changing it.

Not everyone is made of money. The oem takes a dump youre looking at roughly 375. Dont remeber exact number but its mid to high 300. The jap **** is $200 or so, oem design aftermarket is $70.
Lol I don't plan on changing anything... I am damn sure not made of money. :D

·
Registered
889 Posts
Lol I don't plan on changing anything... I am damn sure not made of money. :D
ohhh really now?? sorry.. i had to make this post since I saw it would tie my post count with yours haha!

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Bwahahahaha! Thats awesome. But I think I am beating you again!

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
I am going to the epic "Canadia" next month. Vancouver specifically. Any advice to my travels?

21 - 40 of 55 Posts